3Shape 2015 (15.5.0) Issues

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Still with the anatomical pontics? Damn, I just make sure I draw the spline right once and try not to edit it.

Yeah there is no hope if you are off a bit on the spline, when you cut and then you are forced to morph the joint its a bitch to recover. Unclicking will not fix it and yelling at the screen dirty words seems like a good idea but frankly it doesn't work either.

kristian

kristian

Reaction score
15.6 or 15.6.1? What are the issues in 15.6?

15.6.0 - according to 3shape, there's no difference between 15.6.0 and 15.6.1 other than the latter will fix the error that pops up during installation (the end result is the same, error or no error). There's no benefit running 15.6.1 installer once 15.6.0 is installed.

I didn't recall any issues with 15.6 and cutting back pontics - we had issues editing the spline afterwards in 15.5, but that went away with 15.6. I just tried it in another case just to be sure, and it was fine.

View media item 87

T

Torquadon

Reaction score
I will do what ever it takes to get the job done, I do not depend on others, so if I have to figure it out then I damn will. I have figured out a lot of things that they should of and ways around a lot of major blocks that I am not willing to share with people like you. I only share what is needed. They create the software and run basic tests before releasing it. But it is up to the retailers to do their testing before letting the end user update. Major retailers will do the job right. CAP, Argen will get the update and run all points of testing on then determine if their end users should be able to update. Then we have those that get the update, and bitch and moan about it because they took the jump before seeing how deep the water is.

I know the risks of updating on a fresh release, and am willing to deal with it.

LOL your comparing Apple to Oranges man, cars transport lives and you can't bring back a life, but we can always remake teeth.

If 3Shape annoys you so much, then go to Exocad and stop complaining please.

I actually did, we have Medit scanner now, so much better in so many ways. Please refrain from telling me to stop complaining, we still own, use and pay license for our D810 and as unhappy customers we have every right to complain and warn other people about things we believe are wrong or do not work.

I also sorted a lot of problems with 3Shape software or found my ways around them it is not a rocket since, simple technical stuff if you know your way around PC. I have entirely different approach than you tough, I am happy to share my knowledge with people who are willing to share their knowledge with me, even if they know less than me.

It does not change my mind about their poor support and broken updates. Me being able to sort some problems out changes nothing about this being their responsibility.

I am not comparing apple with oranges, responsibility for their product applies to everyone, it is irrelevant if it is software, scanner, car, PC or anything else for that matter. Obviously responsibility for car brakes is more important, than for scanner but still the same rule applies.

I am sorry but I am strongly against being lenient with corporate responsibilities, they tend to get away with everything they can, just to make few pennies more.

Last edited:
CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
bruce i don't mean for this to sound as bad as its going to sound. please try not confuse this as being condescending, or derogatory.

"It provides 3shape users all year long with major and minor upgrades, new libraries, new 3rd party integrations, user support, free training videos and more. " ive never once received a new library, smile or otherwise, except in those major or minor updates - several of those libraries (along with the rest of the patch) are completely bugged as noted in earlier posts in this very thread. condyloform, bioform etc. 3rd party integrations ? i am not sure what you mean my user subscription pays 3shape to make Nobel work (when clearly it does not?) ? free training videos - such as? hosted on youtube no doubt ?

"I can only refer to what I hear from many of our users – they stick with 3shape because it is the best system." if people are communicating to you, by nature does that not mean they are in the midst of a crisis or problem ? given the wild shift in just this past year of 3shape users here on dln switching to exocad specifically to avoid the bugs and high cost with what metric do you measure the phrase "it is the best system" ? clearly as bugged it isn't.

"has the best scanners" i don't even know what to put here. has the simplest scanners maybe. has the most action occurring behind walls of code, sure. best, again is a metric you'll need to qualify.

"extra value beyond CAD" exactly how ? if CAD is what you focus on, then that's all you can ever provide. if users grind their units once theyve finished milling, how exactly did CAD do its job properly? it allowed a unit to be designed too far into the bite, or too tight in the contact. what value is there in a CAD suite that allows the user to create something that while it is mathematically correct, is not true to the real world. we know two stone models won't ever truly touch, so the Scan suite purposely opens the bite .2mm, but why would the CAD suite allow the crown to be designed <200um from the antagonist ?

bottom line from me Brucie, quite simply your CADCAM engineers better have a fantastic explanation for making its end users its bugtesters.

i like 3shape, i know how to use it. i have a certain degree of skill at it. i've been at it since 2007 and ive seen everything ive been around since the days before there was such a thing as anatomical design. i don't know exocad, but i wonder how long it will be before my employer thinks its time we started saving 7500$/year and maybe giving me a raise when we transition to exocad. because there really isn't anything 3shape can do that exocad can't at this point, except design using 3shape implants.
i notice mr bruce still hasn't answered me.

L

labtek

Reaction score
I agree and my main "full arch design station" is 2.9.9.5.

2015 has some really nice improvements when they work, I did some Nobel ASC abutments on 15.6 and for the first time yesterday and they did not make me want to pull my hair out which is great.

I was super shocked that 3shape didn't have something revolutionary at Midwinter to debut, I really thought that the slow bug fixes this last year with 2015 was because they were planning on scrapping the merge between the smile designer and sculpt in this latest version and introduce something new.

I agree that we pay a tremendous amount of money for a great piece of software but for the first time I am actually considering EXO just because this year i really did not see value in the offering for 3shape.

I think loyalty to ANY piece of software has more to do with comfort than the software itself, I learned 3shape, feel comfortable that I know how to manipulate it fast and efficiently but I also feel confident that EXO should be just as good after the learning curve.

Its just the Trios stuff we are getting today that really is getting me more locked in with 3shape and while I do not regret the new workflow I do feel a bit like the CEREC guys at times.

Open really means nothing today cause there are LEVELS of openness :)

I havent heard as many complaints about exocad as i have 3shape, is that possibly because there are fewer exocad systems in the field. I wonder what the percentages of complaint is?
On another note John, how serious are you contemplating a move to exocad? WIth the 3shape trios scanner being the lead io scanner on the market right now, I think the io scanner market is about to explode in the next 6-18 months with dentists wanting to take advantage of the io technology. So, i understand that making a move away from a known entity like 3shape is uncomfortable. For now i will stay with my 3shape and when i do have an issue I will figure it out or call someone who knows how to solve my problem.
Open does seem to be a term used loosely, if you have to pay a fee to use something,
everything starts to be open

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I havent heard as many complaints about exocad as i have 3shape, is that possibly because there are fewer exocad systems in the field. I wonder what the percentages of complaint is?

I think there are way more exocad systems in the field. exocad is rebranded for many companies wishing to have a reliable CAD solution for their customers.
You don't hear of many complaints because exocad does not release updates that are full of bugs or not ready for daily use. Plain and simple.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
John switching to Exocad?

pffft ya right !,

....next you'll be telling me that Axl has joined AC/DC.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Whatever floats yer boat...Cheers

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I actually did, we have Medit scanner now, so much better in so many ways. Please refrain from telling me to stop complaining, we still own, use and pay license for our D810 and as unhappy customers we have every right to complain and warn other people about things we believe are wrong or do not work.

I also sorted a lot of problems with 3Shape software or found my ways around them it is not a rocket since, simple technical stuff if you know your way around PC. I have entirely different approach than you tough, I am happy to share my knowledge with people who are willing to share their knowledge with me, even if they know less than me.

It does not change my mind about their poor support and broken updates. Me being able to sort some problems out changes nothing about this being their responsibility.

I am not comparing apple with oranges, responsibility for their product applies to everyone, it is irrelevant if it is software, scanner, car, PC or anything else for that matter. Obviously responsibility for car brakes is more important, than for scanner but still the same rule applies.

I am sorry but I am strongly against being lenient with corporate responsibilities, they tend to get away with everything they can, just to make few pennies more.

Good for you then, i really don't care to hear it anymore.