Fit of Zr to Ti base

rgkbmk

rgkbmk

Reaction score
Got a good lab doing my milling for some time now. I have been having the occasional loose fit of my zirconia to ti bases. 2 were using tru abutments scan bodies ( nobel trilobe and 3i) and a 3rd was using a glidewell scan body (nobel) . Know one seems to know the answer. Anyone have a suggestion?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Ti bases are not exactly the same from lot to lot contrary to what the manufacturers would lead you to believe.
Zirconia doesn't shrink exactly the same either. Lots of variables here.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Original manufactures ti bases are not as accurate as 3rd party custom abutments.

There, I said it.:cool:

A

a3dl

Reaction score
I never use ti bases. create your own and you will have best fit possible every time

rgkbmk

rgkbmk

Reaction score
I never use ti bases. create your own and you will have best fit possible every time
I have thought about going to a screwmentation type unit that would allow the client to try-in then cements the case.

rgkbmk

rgkbmk

Reaction score
Original manufactures ti bases are not as accurate as 3rd party custom abutments.

There, I said it.:cool:
Years ago I was conversing with Dr Niznick at one time and he stated that his parts had a tolerance of 1% vs name brand that had a 3% tolerance. He also said he saw no need for Ti bases either ; }

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I use Atlantis Custom Base for my screw-retained hybrid cases. They are patient specific and they come with a core file so you don't need to rescan the case once the abutment is approved for milling. Fit is great everytime.

A

a3dl

Reaction score
I use Atlantis Custom Base for my screw-retained hybrid cases. They are patient specific and they come with a core file so you don't need to rescan the case once the abutment is approved for milling. Fit is great everytime.
I have used these as well, good product. Little more expensive than some milling centers but still good product

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Years ago I was conversing with Dr Niznick at one time and he stated that his parts had a tolerance of 1% vs name brand that had a 3% tolerance. He also said he saw no need for Ti bases either ; }
whats 1% of 5mm ?

whats 3% of 5mm?

whats the accuracy of most dental cnc's ?

answer me these questions 3, 'ere the other side ye see.

S

slotboom.f

Reaction score
Could it also be the post handling of the zirconium i use a soft brush to remove debris and dust from milling etc. But i always wonder if this can influence the fit if doing it very enthousiastly

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Could it also be the post handling of the zirconium i use a soft brush to remove debris and dust from milling etc. But i always wonder if this can influence the fit if doing it very enthousiastly

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
it would have to be exceptionally vigorously, but i get your point, it is technically possible, zirconia is quite fragile.

Top Bottom