What Ti base is this?

npdynamite

npdynamite

Reaction score
understandable.. a new screw will cost what? a new base comes with one..
the cost is what? when it comes back repeatedly? $50 is pretty cheap when it comes to implant restorations... so what will the cost then be when the restoration won't stay seated? Or, again, as stated, the screw breaks.. s*it-show on the Horrizon IMO.
I think the bigger point here is that the lab that receives this isn't responsible. Make the Dr. or their office do the ground work of getting the part information, if they won't/can't then start over. But don't do work for free to fix someone else's problem.

I would probably offer to redo the whole thing at some sort of discount to help the patient out as it seems like they got rather screwed by their previous Dr.

I just feel like I've seen labs take way too many hits to avoid s*it shows when earlier clear communication could have probably helped things go more smoothly and kept the responsibility where it should be.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I don't think anybody wants to remake another labs screw retained crowns for free, especially also covering part costs

The Dr balked when I originally said I was going to charge him for adding the contacts and recementing the crown, So I agree, my remaking it at full cost
would be easier for me to just return the separated crown from abutment and tell him to send the patient back to the original Dr.

npdynamite

npdynamite

Reaction score
The Dr balked when I originally said I was going to charge him for adding the contacts and recementing the crown, So I agree, my remaking it at full cost
would be easier for me to just return the separated crown from abutment and tell him to send the patient back to the original Dr.
Eh that's certainly annoying. Is the Dr. seeing this patient for free?

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
no doubt its a crappy situation... I just see the "down the road" potential mess waiting for all involved. for me, that's where I see it getting expensive..

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Eh that's certainly annoying. Is the Dr. seeing this patient for free?

That was the impression he gave me, that he wasn't going to be charging...so I'm supposed to follow his lead? Nope!
Maybe he thought, "new patient, let's not charge him to win him over to our office"?

npdynamite

npdynamite

Reaction score
That was the impression he gave me, that he wasn't going to be charging...so I'm supposed to follow his lead? Nope!
Maybe he thought, "new patient, let's not charge him to win him over to our office"?
lol, not suggesting to follow his lead, I just feel less negatively towards a dr. who asks for free work when he is also doing free work. If it where a situation where the patient had really been through a lot with a previous dr. and this dr. was just trying to take care of them and get the job done. If this is like you said, "new patient, let's not charge him to win him over" then I would be less inclined to help out.

At the end of the day these situations are always annoying because you don't want to lose a dr. over something small, but you don't want to bend over to keep a dr. who is going to try to take advantage.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I did a photo edit, you caught me with my photos down :)

npdynamite

npdynamite

Reaction score
whoops! didn't mean to do that...

I thought you were right about the 4.5 but I have also seen some 3.5 compatible abutments that have more of a flange so I couldn't be sure till seeing it on the analog

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
whoops! didn't mean to do that...

I thought you were right about the 4.5 but I have also seen some 3.5 compatible abutments that have more of a flange so I couldn't be sure till seeing it on the analog

I've only done 2 screw retained out of the 800 - 900+ implants I've done, so I don't have a track history of how those can look. Again, something to confirm with the patient, Dr and the oral surgeon.

npdynamite

npdynamite

Reaction score
I've only done 2 screw retained out of the 800 - 900+ implants I've done, so I don't have a track history of how those can look. Again, something to confirm with the patient, Dr and the oral surgeon.
That would be nice, I hate screw retained crowns. That said I feel like for the past 5 years they feel like 75% of the implant work I get. It is starting to get hard to remember every different companies libraries at this point, it used to seem pretty easy

M

MasterCeramist

Reaction score
I would add contacts , cement onto base and leave it to him to find the screw. I would also charge a fare fee for this also.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I would add contacts , cement onto base and leave it to him to find the screw. I would also charge a fare fee for this also.

I like the idea, but with this Dr he is a absolute stickler as far as contacts, and making sure we have good heavy contacts. So I'll do the add on and have him try it in.

At least from the help I've received here, I know to try a Glidewell screw, and if needed, start over with an up to date Ti base or milled abutment for a cement retained crown.

Again, thank you all for your helpful posts, I do appreciate it :)

L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
A Glidewell screw will work. If needed A newer Glidewell tibase can work as well. Their newer Tibases have grooves around the vertical “chimney”. But the basic geometry is the same...

Top Bottom