Facepalm cases

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I have a whole folder of these...probably a hundred pictures, heck even Mr. Wilson has bailed me out of a couple shltty situations. I document the heck out these, sooner or later the public will get smart and start asking their doc about flapping/graphing/template/CT/CBCT....etc. I show some on my facebook page, just because I have a lot of DDS friends on there...they scream about the placement. Sure, one can make an argument about "how we weren't there, didn't see the clinical evidence at the time of placement, or that the best part of the bone was here or there" but does that hold up in court? Not sure, but document the heck out of these type of cases my friends, especially in the U.S., they're 'I sue you crazy' here.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
easiest way to sleep at night is to get indemnity insurance :)

To work as a tech in the UK now its a mandatory requirment.

Just another expense, but its not much.

Jo Chen

Jo Chen

Reaction score
We had a liability release drawn up by a lawyer. Dr. has to sign these before we start on a case with "less than ideal" conditions.

TheLabGuy or anybody on here for that matter.
I am working on a project looking for bad implant cases. If you have any pictures and are willing to share with me, that would be very much appreciated. If your picture makes it in to my project I will mention your name if you like to.
Thanks

Jo Chen

Jo Chen

Reaction score
:) or it could be handled confidentially if so desired

P

paulg100

Reaction score
wonder if the doc used guided surgery :rolleyes:

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I think he started with locators.

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
Looks like he has a television in the operatory.

Jo Chen

Jo Chen

Reaction score
It is tough to transition from voodoo priest to dentist. Just cut him some slack.
voodoo.jpg

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
This case originally came in with some upper and lower preps. Since doc didn't mention anything about lower's we called him to ask. This is what was written on the work ticket:
med cerec.jpg
(Called Dr's office to clarify Rx. We are Only doing the upper bridge. lower teeth will be done by doctor w/cerec in his office.)
So, now, 5 months later we are redoing the work he tried to do chairside cerec. Kinda funny.
med cerec.jpg

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
The best part is that the Nobel Actives are at tissue level and the Replace's are at bone level.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
The best part is that the Nobel Actives are at tissue level and the Replace's are at bone level.

LOL good catch there!

I missed that the first time I looked, amazing surgical knowledge and skill.

M

Matell

Reaction score
uuuuuuuhhhh

adesmond_imageshack_us_Himg576_scaled_php_37b14d3491b69e1e1edf5f800d29e0a6._.jpg
scaled.php

scaled.php

adesmond_imageshack_us_Himg51_scaled_php_1c5342c433e05278a7815b882612475c._.jpg
adesmond_imageshack_us_Himg534_scaled_php_09f283397cdc91c4f95090ad6d893e8e._.jpg
adesmond_imageshack_us_Himg845_scaled_php_cbd8c92a2393ee8fd479b28979fa4cd9._.jpg
adesmond_imageshack_us_Himg507_scaled_php_e604e8467208b32e1308d79e31a6e110._.jpg

this was the "lucky case" of my life :D
adesmond_imageshack_us_Himg576_scaled_php_37b14d3491b69e1e1edf5f800d29e0a6._.jpg adesmond_imageshack_us_Himg51_scaled_php_1c5342c433e05278a7815b882612475c._.jpg adesmond_imageshack_us_Himg534_scaled_php_09f283397cdc91c4f95090ad6d893e8e._.jpg adesmond_imageshack_us_Himg845_scaled_php_cbd8c92a2393ee8fd479b28979fa4cd9._.jpg adesmond_imageshack_us_Himg507_scaled_php_e604e8467208b32e1308d79e31a6e110._.jpg

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Wow, crazy case, thanks for sharing. Did that maxillary have a bar w/locators? Either way, looks like you ended up with some great results, please share the clinical pictures if your Doc takes the post-op pics.

M

Matell

Reaction score
Wow, crazy case, thanks for sharing. Did that maxillary have a bar w/locators? Either way, looks like you ended up with some great results, please share the clinical pictures if your Doc takes the post-op pics.

Thank you very much for your comment ...
patient and doctor were very satisfied, unfortunately I have no picture after putting in the mouth ... my doctor does not have that habit ...

in the upper jaw went wironit prosthesis on locators , and not the bar :)

when a patient comes again, maybe I should ask her for one picture
popcorn

P

paulg100

Reaction score
"when a patient comes again, maybe I should ask her for one picture"

You'll never move further forward until you start seeing your cases seated.

They always look completely different in the mouth compared to on the model so yeah, start nagging your clients for post op photos, very important.

Unfortunately they need to be decent quality as well, not off a camera phone, otherwise there little more use than having none at all, and you feel awkward saying anything as they went to the effort in the first place.

Nice case but i can promise right away that the tissue porc on the lower implants is gonna like chewing gum in the mouth due to the colour. Probably wont matter as the patient likely dosent show there, which begs the question was it worth spending the extra time to do it?

Maybe it was just a commercial factor (charging extra for it?).

Take a look at Al's tissue cases and the mixes, he has it pretty much nailed i think, although without a proper tissue shade and photos it can still easily end up making the case look worse rather than better.

Last edited:
Top Bottom