Facepalm cases

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
simple, straightforward 4 unit bridge....

aimg543.imageshack.us_img543_438_img153c.th.jpg FAIL!

simple straightforward immediate full upper denture and cast lower partial.
aimg109.imageshack.us_img109_4339_img164tw.th.jpg
aimg804.imageshack.us_img804_2554_img163s.th.jpg
aimg35.imageshack.us_img35_8499_img162wu.th.jpg CHALLENGE CONSIDERED

when you do this case, use my facebow... aimg814.imageshack.us_img814_4315_img161k.th.jpg FAIL

die model, model of acryllic temps, model of bisque-bake... aimg831.imageshack.us_img831_8286_img166k.th.jpg
aimg10.imageshack.us_img10_9904_img165zc.th.jpg

same case as above, only now after all that.... the new impression!!!! aimg687.imageshack.us_img687_5808_img168y.th.jpg acoopertrooper.blogg.se_images_2010_rageface_70053286.jpg
aimg543.imageshack.us_img543_438_img153c.th.jpg aimg109.imageshack.us_img109_4339_img164tw.th.jpg aimg804.imageshack.us_img804_2554_img163s.th.jpg aimg35.imageshack.us_img35_8499_img162wu.th.jpg aimg814.imageshack.us_img814_4315_img161k.th.jpg aimg831.imageshack.us_img831_8286_img166k.th.jpg aimg10.imageshack.us_img10_9904_img165zc.th.jpg aimg687.imageshack.us_img687_5808_img168y.th.jpg acoopertrooper.blogg.se_images_2010_rageface_70053286.jpg

P

paulg100

Reaction score
So you did a resin frame/verification jig?

Last edited:
M

MasterCeramist

Reaction score
Must be trying to save money on impression material.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
One word.. SHOCKING!

to be fair, when was the last time you tried to place implants in a jellyfish :)

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Pathetic to see this even considered acceptable to send to a lab.

I have noticed that impressions seem to be getting worse lately.Am I the only one that has noticed this?

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
That is awful. I try to looks at imp before leaving DDS if possible. I would not have even taken that out of DDS office if I had seen that before leaving. What does DDS say about it?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
That is awful. I try to looks at imp before leaving DDS if possible. I would not have even taken that out of DDS office if I had seen that before leaving. What does DDS say about it?

so far, hasn't said a word.

no mention on the script about "sorry for bad impression" just "go ahead with master model and abutments"

as if. this entire case is ankylos implants. one slightly faulty placement of the abutments, and all the work of the verification jig will have been in vain.

this case, this patient, and this prosthesis is doomed without at least one solid lobal type implant.

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Now let's see what you boss does next....that is the rest of the story....

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score

I have noticed that impressions seem to be getting worse lately.Am I the only one that has noticed this?

Probably only in Canada, they're all perfect here. :rolleyes:

araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score
Licensed professional ? Glad he/she aint a heart surgeon!
Do the sellers of implant systems and components demand verification of certification, training, and acheivement before agreeing to supply parts and warranty ?

Jo Chen

Jo Chen

Reaction score
Licensed professional ? Glad he/she aint a heart surgeon!
Do the sellers of implant systems and components demand verification of certification, training, and acheivement before agreeing to supply parts and warranty ?

In the old days Branemark (now Nobel) requied Dr.'s to take a course in implant placement before they could order anything from them. Today any Dr. can order stuff without having taken any implant courses.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
thats fine for nobel, but this is ankylos, stupid things are just round round round, no edges to them. if the doc puts even one of them in a bit crooked or not all the way, or mixes up which ones go where --- i'm toast.

i've put my foot down. not touching this.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
CoolHandLuke, the impression copings are indexed. You'll have to use the indexed analogs for pouring the model. Just make sure you feel the notches slip into each
other when the connection is made then tighten the central screw on the imp coping. Thing is you can do all that and still have an inaccurate model caused by a poor impression. In my experience if the doc did not take the time to make a good impression he or she more than likely did not take the time to make sure the imp posts were correctly seated.

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
I think it's obvious that doing this the correct way never entered DDS mind.

These kind of posts is why aninimity in these posts can be so important. We all say here what we think on the inside while when speaking to DDS we try to be very professional.
good luck. I hope the Dr sees it your way.

Last edited:
amadent

amadent

http://amadent.net/Home.p
Reaction score

RMK- you are not alone - we had atalk yesterday about the quality or lack there of on some impressions we have been getting lately

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I think it's obvious that doing this the correct way never entered DDS mind.

These kind of posts is why aninimity in these posts can be so important. We all say here what we think on the inside while when speaking to DDS we try to be very professional.
good luck. I hope the Dr sees it your way.

I always tell the Dr how I really feel...now you'll have to excuse me, I'm going home early...

Top Bottom