Well I'm going Digital !!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Al you have made me a very happy person. i am giddy with excitement and overjoyed that you have made this transition!!

God speed man, God speed.

cipro

cipro

Reaction score
Al congratulations ! Whom did you get your scanner from and what was the price if it is possible to know?

C

charles007

Reaction score
Congrats Al, now your in phase one of going digital.
Must say this, Its about time you got your hands out of your old antique digital wax pot and into using Cad software to design.
Now check out Exocad's fairly new extended anatomy library called ZRS... aprox $600.00
ZRS Library consists of
61 sets of upper anteriors
19 set of lower anteriors
19 set of upper posteriors
19 sets of lower posteriors
Unfortunately you can't buy just the anterior libraries.. :(

Once you get back your 1st group of metal frames to finish, you may want to ask your wife to kick you in the
ass for waiting sooooooooooo long to buy a scanner. ;)
There's even a small chance you may stop hating to finish metal frameworks like me using digital designed frameworks. lol not

Now your next digital hill to climb ! do you continue to press LD and or either buy a printer or mill ?
Do you send your stl files to a milling lab to mill in emax Cad ?
Do you buy a wet mill to mill emax Cad ?

And the answer is..........

Al's digital story will continue in future episode's on DLN......... :)

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Won't be afraid of digital impressions anymore

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Imagine how much time Al will save once he gets his docs to transition from PFMs to Zirc.
Al, you could get your week load done in 4 days.

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
Imagine how much time Al will save once he gets his docs to transition from PFMs to Zirc.
Al, you could get your week load done in 4 days.

Totally agree. Plus his Drs are gonna love it. Every diehard Pfm dr I offered PFZ to completely switched within a month. I Usually send the Pfm they ordered and also sent a PFZ ( no charge) then ask dr to tryin both cement best choice and send back unused crown. So far every time the PFZ was chosen. No risk for dr plus I always show the average per unit cost savings with PFZ. No metal fee Win win. I'm now at about 85 to 90 % metal free. Two years ago I was about 50/50%.

Go for it Al

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
You don't really need training. Start playing around with it, explore, feel the digital force.
The more you play the more you will get out of your training because you will know the right questions to ask to get you pointed in the direction you want to go.

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
YouTube is an amazing place to learn the basic and advanced controls. I highly suggest taking a look at it

K

keroassidy

Reaction score
You don't really need training. Start playing around with it, explore, feel the digital force.
The more you play the more you will get out of your training because you will know the right questions to ask to get you pointed in the direction you want to go.

Yea , having been trained on dental wings then 3shape then walking in on my dad/owner scanning and designing crowns on his own from what he gleamed from youtube and the intranets ... my sugestion is to wait for training. Do watch videos and write down questions though. And keep a big ole note pad handy to write down everyting, and i mean everything . I still have mine from 8 years ago. Always a good source of reference to this day. Also enjoy the footsteps ahead, the energy from learning a "new" technology can be such a jolt of newly discovered passion that can really envigorat your spirit. Good luck!

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
Ok it's set up.
Just need to get trained.
View attachment 21990
View attachment 21991
Best advice I got ('shout out' to Eric @ Implantech Palm Desert ) was to start using a 3 D mouse at the very beginning of my designing . I like being able to fluidly rotate the crowns constantly with my left hand whilst using a regular mouse in my right . 71B8AHaw3ML._SL1500_.jpg

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
It as GC Aadva scanner.

So a whole new venture but I am so tired of making frames and hand waxing

Al,

Congratulations brother. You'll have them tweaked and fine tuned in no time.

Just make sure your expectations are in check. You will need to spend a little

time and money doing some R&D to get it exactly where you want it, but when you

do, you'll be cooking with grease!

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Congrats Al you will love it !! your wife has to take care !!

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Here's Al after his training. Taking over the World one city at a time! :D

Digital is where it's at Cat!

Cat.gif