Porcelain fused to semi-precious gold?

E

ejdent

Reaction score
Got a request from a doc that is new to me. I use aurident for my alloys and have been using their yellow semi with a 2% gold for full casts. My doc wants me to fuse porcelain onto it. I am told I can use a low fusing porcelain if I want but the low fusing that I have is radiance from aurident but they tell me that it won't work because "radiance is more of a medium fusing porcelain" even though they sold it to us as a low.

Anyone have any experience with anything like this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
semi-precious PFM that still shows the gold look after firing the porcelain onto it usually doesn't work with a noble metal (semi-precious). You have to use a high-noble (precious) metal (something 77%+ in gold content) so you still can get a good gold color.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Just another reason I miss Finesse. You could fire it on a door knob.

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
Got a request from a doc that is new to me. I use aurident for my alloys and have been using their yellow semi with a 2% gold for full casts. My doc wants me to fuse porcelain onto it. I am told I can use a low fusing porcelain if I want but the low fusing that I have is radiance from aurident but they tell me that it won't work because "radiance is more of a medium fusing porcelain" even though they sold it to us as a low.

Anyone have any experience with anything like this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If you are talking about YX? As far as I can see that is a type IV and not designed for porc application.

E

ejdent

Reaction score
Yes yx

I told the dentist I'm going to have to use a high noble. Was just curious if there were other options. Doc wanted to try to save some money because it's 6 units

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
6 units too...be careful not to get your connections too thin (that high gold content loves to flex during porcelain application). What I like to do is keep my lingual connections thicker and thin them down last when I'm ready to send the case out (after porcelain is good to go). Bisque bake's are always recommended with these type of bridges to make sure the porcelain is exactly where the Doc wants it, then glaze and after that thin down your lingual's to avoid the possibility of 'high noble' flex.

Top Bottom