5years and counting in this industry and still a NEWBIE wants HELP!

S

SVK

Reaction score
Hello everyone, this is Krishna from india I don't know how many of you can relate with my journey as a dental technician( I guess I can't even call myself a dental technician ).If you have ever visited a dental lab in India I mean not only the office also the working area you might get what iam trying to say. I don't know where to start, I'll make it short. In 2018 I have joined this field after discounting my bachelor's in electrical engineering from then on till last year I was working in the same lab, I know nothing more than this that I'm just making prosthetic teeth with different materials like acrylic, porcelain, and zirconia that's it.
Furnace is preset to its programs what we do is make a metal or zirconia substructure( even here we don't know how an ideal framework should be) and run the programs in a series by applying opaque then dentine and enamel nothing more no knowledge of shade too bring a tooth like appearance glaze it and deliver it.......
I have no knowledge of what's going in the furnace how materials act at different stages.
BUT being a science student i was curious all the time what actually are these materials what are their properties what we need to consider when using together are individually,
So I quit that lab and met someone who used to be a faculty at a dental college and owns a lab. Then I got to know I have to start with morphology and then materials. Can anyone help me with books or website reference where can I get to learn this from scratch to advanced. What exactly you need to know to do an ideal crown or bridge. How to replicate the exact shade and stains. PLEASE HELP ME.....

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Hello everyone, this is Krishna from india I don't know how many of you can relate with my journey as a dental technician( I guess I can't even call myself a dental technician ).If you have ever visited a dental lab in India I mean not only the office also the working area you might get what iam trying to say. I don't know where to start, I'll make it short. In 2018 I have joined this field after discounting my bachelor's in electrical engineering from then on till last year I was working in the same lab, I know nothing more than this that I'm just making prosthetic teeth with different materials like acrylic, porcelain, and zirconia that's it.
Furnace is preset to its programs what we do is make a metal or zirconia substructure( even here we don't know how an ideal framework should be) and run the programs in a series by applying opaque then dentine and enamel nothing more no knowledge of shade too bring a tooth like appearance glaze it and deliver it.......
I have no knowledge of what's going in the furnace how materials act at different stages.
BUT being a science student i was curious all the time what actually are these materials what are their properties what we need to consider when using together are individually,
So I quit that lab and met someone who used to be a faculty at a dental college and owns a lab. Then I got to know I have to start with morphology and then materials. Can anyone help me with books or website reference where can I get to learn this from scratch to advanced. What exactly you need to know to do an ideal crown or bridge. How to replicate the exact shade and stains. PLEASE HELP ME.....
This is an excellent resource to learn tooth morphology and basics of Dental Technology. https://ptc-dental.com/
Are you doing any CAD/CAM in your lab?

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Welcome Krishna!
I’m Harry, pleasure to have you here.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
do some zirkonzahn courses

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Lately, Vita had some good web seminars:
Look for Peter Pizzi's courses

One curse from Ivoclar:

Youtube in general has a lot of tutorials. Look for Wax up, Porcelain layering etc:

As for books:

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Been here 10+ years still feel like a beginner sometimes.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
its a thing called the inter net thingy

S

SVK

Reaction score
Lately, Vita had some good web seminars:
Look for Peter Pizzi's courses

One curse from Ivoclar:

Youtube in general has a lot of tutorials. Look for Wax up, Porcelain layering etc:

As for books:
Thankyou so much, I have watched Peter pizzi's last episode the content is jackpot. But this course from ivoclor is not available to watch now maybe its from june month.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Thankyou so much, I have watched Peter pizzi's last episode the content is jackpot. But this course from ivoclor is not available to watch now maybe its from june month.
I think you have to 'order' it. It is at no cost.