Porcelain build up techniques and color mapping .

doug

doug

Reaction score
You have to buy into it to start.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
You have to buy the whole kit, no starter kits.

Ive held off until they start selling singles, but doesnt look like thats going to happen. Rep said they will have some deals on a kit around Chicago show time.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
You have to buy the whole kit, no starter kits.

Ive held off until they start selling singles, but doesnt look like thats going to happen. Rep said they will have some deals on a kit around Chicago show time.
Ugh 😣

doug

doug

Reaction score
We've been using it for a couple of years now. We still use the Lustre Paste as well. There will be a course at the FDLA on it.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
And yet, what's wrong with what you're using, Al? You know the system, you're getting the results.
I like InSync better. A little more intense than MiYO, so you can use it in thinner washes. I do have MiYO also, and really do like about
5-6 shades from that system. It does come in handy for softer, subtler effects.

Last edited:
sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I haven’t tried Miyo
Is it worth buying the kit ?
I guess I can order a shade at a time
I figure the full kit would probably cost $2,000 at least ???
i dont think they allow purchasing one at a time. but yes, the kit is well worth it.
in your hands, i think you will work absolute wonders with it

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I hate layering anymore !!!!!!!!!!!
LOVE mono.
you can make monolithic look layered with miyo easily
even dunces like me can do it!

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
And yet, what's wrong with what you're using, Al? You know the system, you're getting the results.
I like InSync better. A little more intense than MiYO, so you can use it in thinner washes. I do have MiYO also, and really do like about
5-6 shades from that system. It does come in handy for softer, subtler effects.
Yes I agree
I just use Ivoclar stain, usually 2 or 3 different stains a A shade a white and a intense Brown for pits and then fire, then paint Ivoclar paste glaze on FCZ and I love the results.
Simple and pretty fast.
I don’t use Luster Paste much except for the pink for tissue areas and the white to highlight anatomy in places.

Really the biggest thing I found helpful is to do some contouring, pre sintering. That’s what made a really big difference vs when I outsourced milling.
I love FCZ posteriors
D7C38C71-C4F4-428A-BF69-3536CA602B29.jpeg
F21F4453-E094-4C35-84F8-7D8DE9490B2E.jpeg 595E9D2D-8247-4800-A7CC-43A3B318C297.jpeg
53C0527E-E6EC-43F8-8756-F9639E7ADE7A.jpeg
F614B64A-5B7F-4CCD-AF83-E977DB2839C1.jpeg
1644346578270.jpeg

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I guess now Facebook is losing customers left and right to TikTok and Dental Laboratory Network😊

That would be nice for all of our sakes, more "iron sharpening iron." Also, for Travis who hopefully would get another sponsor or two, due to any increased traffic and interest on this forum.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Yes I agree
I just use Ivoclar stain, usually 2 or 3 different stains a A shade a white and a intense Brown for pits and then fire, then paint Ivoclar paste glaze on FCZ and I love the results.
Simple and pretty fast.
I don’t use Luster Paste much except for the pink for tissue areas and the white to highlight anatomy in places.

Really the biggest thing I found helpful is to do some contouring, pre sintering. That’s what made a really big difference vs when I outsourced milling.
I love FCZ posteriors
View attachment 40364
View attachment 40362 View attachment 40363
View attachment 40361
View attachment 40365
View attachment 40366
what sort of presinter contouring are you doing for these units?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score

Same here, especially for me with bridges and anteriors. Why not use the techniques and tools (some are a little different) that we've been using for years doing it analog? Why not incorporate it in the green state :)

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
what sort of presinter contouring are you doing for these units?
Well I do use a small high speed bur and go a little deeper in the occlusal pits and a little anatomy but not to much to over do it
And I put some or scribe some separation with the bur turning slow , between cusps and I use the same slow speed carbide bur I trim dies with to contour the facial a little bit. Then it goes to furnace.
You Can see a little of the buccal contours from these close up’s.
I can never put any extra detail in the design and after sinter forget it

1644349333670.jpeg
1644349373913.jpeg

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Well I do use a small high speed bur and go a little deeper in the occlusal pits and a little anatomy but not to much to over do it
And I put some or scribe some separation with the bur turning slow , between cusps and I use the same slow speed carbide bur I trim dies with to contour the facial a little bit. Then it goes to furnace.

View attachment 40368
View attachment 40369

I like the nice broad occlusal contacts.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score

View attachment 40368
View attachment 40369
awesome, thank you for the detailed reply!

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
Yes I agree
Simple and pretty fast.

I love FCZ posteriors
View attachment 40364
View attachment 40362 View attachment 40363
View attachment 40361
View attachment 40365
View attachment 40366
Looks fantastic! What zirconia is that?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I morph the crown to the pt's original tooth pre prep scan instead of using the libraries.