Asiga 4k and Keysplint soft

E

Ehas23

Reaction score
Hello all, I just received 3shape Splint Studio and upon choosing my printer, the 4K, the Keysplint soft material does not show as an option. It does when I choose the Asiga UV printer though. I reached out to Asiga about this and they responded with the following "unfortunately, 3Shape Splint Studio does not accept DME files for material characteristics. The process of adding material characteristics is up to the material manufacturer to have validated, which has not been done for the KeySplint materials" Is this so? It does not make any sense to me. If this is indeed true, what do you guys in my situation choose if you're using the Keysplint soft resin? Thanks in advance

E

Ehas23

Reaction score
This is another response I just received from Asiga.

"Splint Studio along with all other Studio applications from 3shape do not allow end users to upload settings. 3Shape Studio apps only allow material addition through a submission from the material and hardware manufacturer- this has not been performed yet by Asiga or KeyStone- however many users us Splint Studio, PRO4K machines, and keystone resin already".

"For this customer, If they are using a PRO4K and producing a hard splint, have them use V-print Splint settings. If they are producing a soft splint, have them use v-print splint comfort settings. If this is their first splint ever, they may need to make adjustments in the design settings for optimal fitment".

Is this what everyone is doing? This will indeed be the first splint I've ever done. Thanks