It's here....................................................BOOM!

Z

Zetor

Reaction score
So there are 40 blue leds but they produce 27 lines. It's not 27 leds.

So come July 2015 the D2000 with be fully operational with both turntables operational and multi die scan plate.

Leds are used to capture texture, the 27 lines are projected from the led in mid

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
Seven, what are the specs on the computer that came with your new 2000?

I want to build a new rocket for design and I can't find any hardware recommendations for 3shape anywhere.

BTW I am pretty envious right now, looks awesome
John, like all prior gen 3Shape machines, they tend to do better with intel chipsets and nVidia cards. So I would look into a dual hex core processor and the Quaddros video cards. (I just bought 3 for our designers, 1 before the other 2 and it is working fabulously).

Of course there are crashes on 3Shape end, but otherwise, we've maximized our personnel ability and also fully adopted the Cintiq screens as well.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Quadro cards don't work well with 3shape from my experience. I believe they tell you to

stay away from them.

R

Ron.Ferland

Reaction score
Is that thing fully functional? I though I heard late this year for all the bells and whistles to be working?

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Is that thing fully functional? I though I heard late this year for all the bells and whistles to be working?
It only scans a single arch till the software update is available in about a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Seven, what are the specs on the computer that came with your new 2000?

I want to build a new rocket for design and I can't find any hardware recommendations for 3shape anywhere.

BTW I am pretty envious right now, looks awesome

Here is the PC info screen shot. This is a work station build over the previous standard PC builds. This thing is nice. Could use a better graphics card but suvicent
ram and a decent Chip.

specs.PNG

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Graphics card? I tried clicking on device manager, but it didn't work.

;):(

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I wonder how much multi threading/cores the software uses. I am wondering if a dual xeon e5 is better than over clocked i7.

I just feel a lot of software will not benefit unless code is written to exploit it and I can not find the real answer.

Am I over thinking this?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Last edited:
eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
Quadro cards don't work well with 3shape from my experience. I believe they tell you to

stay away from them.

yes, low power Quadros cards are not supported. However, K4000 or above is fine.

It only scans a single arch till the software update is available in about a month.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So does the bite scan thingy work?

I wonder how much multi threading/cores the software uses. I am wondering if a dual xeon e5 is better than over clocked i7.

I just feel a lot of software will not benefit unless code is written to exploit it and I can not find the real answer.

Am I over thinking this?

John, i think you are over thinking this. You don't need a 15000 machine, a good $6-8k workstation will suffice. It's just simply future proofing yourself for as long as you need, and also getting something that is work appropriate vs gaming appropriate.

GPU-Z is a small footprint info software to find out: http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/
In fact, you don't even need to install it:

View attachment 18376

Otherwise as previously mentioned, Speccy or even Belarc Advisor which also has a small footprint: http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

I'm not a fan of these, sometimes they add funky scripts to your computer, even if it's totally harmless.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
I don't believe the Quadro cards work at all with dental designer. It may work well with implant studio,

but it freezes on the annotation part of the design for me every time with any Quadro card.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score

Am I over thinking this?

3Shape can handle up to I think 16 Cores. I have it running on a AMD hex core at home.

John I can piece together a Good PC for a decent price.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
yes, low power Quadros cards are not supported. However, K4000 or above is fine.

So does the bite scan thingy work?

As of right now no, the second table is disabled until july, with the new firmware release both plate will be working, but you can you the bite transfer plate 3shape has on the single table for now. Like I said previously in the thread, th2 D2000 is currently running like a D1000 until July.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I don't believe the Quadro cards work at all with dental designer. It may work well with implant studio,

but it freezes on the annotation part of the design for me every time with any Quadro card.

Kent the Titan X card will be the big deal and with implant studio you must run 32GB of ram. It requires a lot of ram apparently.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score

you tried it with a K4000? or higher GPU?

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Kent the Titan X card will be the big deal and with implant studio you must run 32GB of ram. It requires a lot of ram apparently.

I've been running Implant Studio for almost a year now and it doesn't require that much RAM.

My computer runs it comfortably with only 8GB of RAM and a GeForce GT 430 with 8 cores.

I'm getting an upgrade this week. Adding GeForce 980 GTX, 24 G Ram, and a solid state drive.

Gonna run everything like a dream. Can't wait!

Top Bottom