It's here....................................................BOOM!

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Just curious...are there opportunities out there, either through your various resellers or 3shape, to trade in and older version scanner/computer for credit towards one of the new models?

Yes they do trade ins but nothing yet for the d1000 or d2000 maybe towards a d900 d900 and lower.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Not only is your scanner in the hands of someone who knows how to use it, it's also in a very nice lab environment, Sevan :) A nice lab with great lighting and lots of light coming in the windows..now like others, I'm really jealous ;)

Thank you very much. The layout here is perfect, day or night. Specially sunset.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Awesome, I want one !

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
This thing is an Animal, scans are wicked fast. Scans are crisp and loaded with data. You are able to scan cases mounted on metal articulators without having to mod the front door anymore. Have to get used to the new scanning interface no more older interfase layout, a bit of a pain but holly fast.

Sofar one day of full scanning and pretty solid, a few hicups on the buffer but a simple restart fixed it. Can't use the multi die plate that came with the scanner yet and the secondary table is non functional until a future date near or around july 2015.

No more auto align in the new scan layout, no more start scan when scanner door closes you now get to trim the model after it is scanned in, the opposing after it is scanned in, the die after it is scanned it, pretty swift. Auto aligns the dies pretty good. Off to training tomorrow at Argen and they don't even have their D2000 in yet. LOL

Some more images of my new setup.

The original layout 2014 two D700 scanners, client design station off to the left on another bench.

20150505_133642.jpg

2015 D2000 Big screen Server, 2014 small screen d700 Server setup. I haven't installed the new Workstation for 2015 in this image, still the old 2014 server PC.

20150505_141203.jpg
Inside of the D2000, what a wicked layout!

20150506_135427_001.jpg

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
On my way to Cali to see this in person! Nice Sevan!!

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Good thinking on taking it all apart to make sure the wires and stuff are connected:p

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Why is there what looks like 40 LEDs? I thought it was 27 lines of scan produced by 5 cams and 4 blue lasers. Anyone?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Why is there what looks like 40 LEDs? I thought it was 27 lines of scan produced by 5 cams and 4 blue lasers. Anyone?

40 leds but maybe 27 light up for scanning, they did say 4 cameras but maybe one is for future purposes no blue lasers though.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
40 leds but maybe 27 light up for scanning, they did say 4 cameras but maybe one is for future purposes no blue lasers though.
No blue laser! Wth!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
No blue laser! Wth!

So there are 40 blue leds but they produce 27 lines. It's not 27 leds.

So come July 2015 the D2000 with be fully operational with both turntables operational and multi die scan plate.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
So there are 40 blue leds but they produce 27 lines. It's not 27 leds.

So come July 2015 the D2000 with be fully operational with both turntables operational and multi die scan plate.
Our D2000 is scheduled to arrive next week. I have been taking photos of the DWX50 unboxing, the Edin260VS unboxing, but I am waiting or that final piece to take pics and post an awesome thread to share how happy I am that were getting out of the stone age. Were also getting a Trios3 for the docs. Boom! I imagine the Trios is arriving next week to. I was a bit jealous that you posted your D2000 before me. :)

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Our D2000 is scheduled to arrive next week. I have been taking photos of the DWX50 unboxing, the Edin260VS unboxing, but I am waiting or that final piece to take pics and post an awesome thread to share how happy I am that were getting out of the stone age. Were also getting a Trios3 for the docs. Boom! I imagine the Trios is arriving next week to. I was a bit jealous that you posted your D2000 before me. :)

Don't worry Marcus your d2000 will function a d1000 for now until they release the newer scansuite that has all the options for the d2000 added to the settings panel. Lol they just wanted to get the scanner out on the market for sales purposes the dial in all the bugs later on. Typical 3shape tactics.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Don't worry Marcus your d2000 will function a d1000 for now until they release the newer scansuite that has all the options for the d2000 added to the settings panel. Lol they just wanted to get the scanner out on the market for sales purposes the dial in all the bugs later on. Typical 3shape tactics.
I understand. But no problem when I am currently working with Ineos Blue can. It's like walking around with a Nokia and playing Snake. It's 2015!

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Seven, what are the specs on the computer that came with your new 2000?

I want to build a new rocket for design and I can't find any hardware recommendations for 3shape anywhere.

BTW I am pretty envious right now, looks awesome

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Last edited:
Top Bottom