VHF E5 Milling edge problem

A

Aliux92

Reaction score
Good morning everyone, I recently purchased a VHF E5 milling machine. I only mill zirconium and PMMA every day and I'm quite happy with it. There's just one thing in particular that bothers me a lot. I have always sent my zirconium crowns to be milled in an authorized 3M center for 15 years to date without ever having had any problems. The crowns were always perfect and milled well on the edges. Unfortunately I don't have the same result with my milling machine. Even though we are talking about very small things (working under a microscope) that do not influence the final precision of the product. I would like to understand whether it can be improved or not. The edges, in the areas where they go up or down quickly, are not clean, they have micro chipping that are really annoying to look at. They are not clean and clear, instead they are where the edge is all at the same height. Basically when the cutter moves along X and Y there are no problems, but when Z also intervenes the edge appears "eaten". The cutters are new, the edge thickness is set to 0.3mm horizontal and 0.2mm angled at 60° vertical. The zirconium used is Katana YML, HT. The CAM is proprietary VHF with preset milling strategies. Does anyone know what can be done to improve this situation? The milling quality is always set to maximum, all cutters up to 0.3 mm are enabled. 0.6mm is also enabled in the cavities. I would just like to understand if it can be improved or if it is simply the limit of the machine. Thank you. Photo in link

https://ibb.co/vHyd7VR