It's here....................................................BOOM!

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
If I purchase one and it doesn't work, you're going to buy it from me @eyeloveteeth! That's a lot of

money to spend on a graphics card and not know it works. Lol.

but i'm telling you it works! we use it! lol. I have another machine coming in that we plan to pair with a D2k, you wanna wait to see and i'll report back to you?

I can't stand computer talk but I did make up my own joke.
Enjoy

What did one computer say to the other?
"My gigahurtz" :(

LOL i actually enjoyed that - but maybe we're just dumb technicians lol

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
but i'm telling you it works! we use it! lol. I have another machine coming in that we plan to pair with a D2k, you wanna wait to see and i'll report back to you?

What version of 3Shape are you using with it? Computer specs? Have you been able to run 15 with it?

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
What version of 3Shape are you using with it? Computer specs? Have you been able to run 15 with it?
I want this even though it may be a tad bit of overkill. Haha.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/visual-computing-appliance.html

haha the GPU server blade is cool, it's just so expensive and i don't have enough designers to justify that.

We haven't gone to 15 yet, i'll provide specs later on, we have quite a few workstations so they vary. There are even still some Alienwares around unfortunately.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
John shoot me a call i can walk you through it if you want. That build will be fine though
Thanks for the offer I ordered this today

I do not want "fine"

I want

"bad ass over kill will never vomit on dual arch case again" system :)

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
Thanks for the offer I ordered this today

I do not want "fine"

I want

"bad ass over kill will never vomit on dual arch case again" system :)
you got that with that build, but remember 3Shape versions are still very unstable.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Oh the Pros and Cons of the D2000 and 2015.3..........................................................errrrrrrrr.

I'll buy if from you Kent for $0.01 LOL

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
So my few days of full day production yielded some interesting results.

1. The D2000 is no where near optimal performance even with just one turn table to 27 lines of blue light and 4 or five cameras.
2. Scan it Dental Blows.
3. When you go to re-scan a case in scan it dental sometimes it keeps the old scans, most of the time it doesn't. Thank god the D200 is super fast at scanning.
3. When doing the preview scan on a full arch it makes it look like a blob, but the final scan is clean.
4. the teeth on the preview scan are no where near clean and readable you almost have to guess which is the prepped tooth.
5. Still have to spray Ti abutment and soft tissue.
6. You get used to the scanning process but still blows.
7. No multi dies scan option available but you get a multi die scan plate.
8. To added cameras for deep scanning work but not 100%.
9. It is fast. I mean fast.
10. Figured out the keyboard short cuts for 2015 with the newly merged smile composer/sculpt.

3Shape 2015 Shortcuts

a-Opposing Model
s-Preparation Model
d-Individual Transform
f-Individual Morph
g-Wax Knife
h-Attatchments
j-Plane Cut
z-Contacts and Smoothing
x-Add Auto Placement
c-Mirror (copy)
v-Articulator
b-Reconnect/connect

11. It scans a **** load of data.
12. I hate the texture scan, it is cool but rough on the eyes.
13. Scan it Dental only allows one instance to be running at a time, now more queuing up scanitrestoration windows to run in optimal beast scan mode.
14. Auto alignment doesn't work for a damn.
15. After alignment the bite sometimes is closed a tad too much, you can see that the opposing model poking through the model end, not bad but slightly.

There might be some more but I lost track, LOL.

Defiantly need tuning up on 3Shapes end but I doubt they were ready for a 100% launch just yet.

Axis Dental Milling

Axis Dental Milling

Reaction score
Hey Sevan, it's Tyler Martin. One thing I've learned never buy the first years model of anything, no matter what it is they are never ready and love to go full retard and you never go full retard!

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
I told you the scanning software won't be ready. Won't be fully done until Q4 more than

likely.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
I told you the scanning software won't be ready. Won't be fully done until Q4 more than

likely.

traditional 3Shape, but then they iron it all out and it's all smiles. I have to say though, the D900 was an awesome roll out. Mostly because it was other software that changed more lol

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
I wish they would just wait to release a solid product with no bugs. They need to

do that and I think their perception would be even better. That would be a game

changer! All other dental design software out there would then be chasing them.

No customer reporting bugs....a solid version that works day in and day out.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I hate that they do this! Makes exocad sound more appealing.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
exocad isn't faultless either. I keep getting this funky error where the crown resizes after establishing the screw access hole.....it's frustrating at times because I feel like the UI on exocad is not as easy as 3Shape either.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Hey Sevan, it's Tyler Martin. One thing I've learned never buy the first years model of anything, no matter what it is they are never ready and love to go full retard and you never go full retard!

LOL it's full retard or no retard. I know Alex, I knew what I was in for when my boss said he just purchased it. I'm finding the flaws and trying to work around them, it's nothing bad that will stop production just tedious clicking.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
exocad isn't faultless either. I keep getting this funky error where the crown resizes after establishing the screw access hole.....it's frustrating at times because I feel like the UI on exocad is not as easy as 3Shape either.
I don't believe anyone has claimed that, but for the amount of money and all the Ukrainian software developers in the 3Shape army you'd think they could release something stable.Dontknow