is there a "mill all" milling machine

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
thanks this is very useful ...

about the metal , i heard there is some sort of machine that makes this as in the form of welding ? not titanium the normal metal that is used under porcelain - the up side of wet milling might be for the laminate veneers which are very popular and requested in our area in the middle east

| ReaLizer GmbH

Concept Laser

PXS Dental | Phenix Systems fabrication additive par frittage laser

Check them out about NP copings . The cost per unit is so lower compared to a milling machine .

M

Masan

Reaction score
thank you all for the valuable information... is it always better to get the scanner from the same manufacturer or sometimes other scanners are better

Pieter

Pieter

Reaction score
I have a software question.Exocad offers a module called dicom viewer. Anyone using it?

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
start a new thread with that one i think...

F

.:FIN:.

Reaction score
Do you know what is the price of the Imes 550i?

~70 000 euro I think. Check also 450i, it is somewhere between 40-50k (these are old information, prices may have changed). We have 750i here in Finland.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
76.000 euros for the 550i , 45.000 euros for the 450i , although I have seen 450i for 40.000 in Germany . These are the prices from the Greek dealer of imes icore .

stumpf

stumpf

Reaction score
Thanks for the info,this is a great company,but i was not satisfied with the hungarian distributor...

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
I agree the company is great . Their machines are really quallity stuff . If you are looking for milling metal check this out too .

ICM Otomasyon

LYCODENT - Configurator

Both of these sites are refering to the same machine . Lycodent is the european dealer for the machine . I am going to see this machine next month in Istanbul . It looks really nice and I had a CrCo bridge milled from them , and came back perfect .

stumpf

stumpf

Reaction score
Great information,but my personal opinion is: I'm a little bit addraid from the machinces what they producing in Turkey.I have a friend of mine who bought a machince from Yenadent,and after a year the machenice is not working 100%because of the poor quaility,the support is bad,so he is in trouble with the company....

This unit can be a very good possibility....Right now i'm planning to buy a Roland DWX 50 (the price is about 23-24,000 euro),but i have a lot COCR works,so i'm looking for (maybe) a better solution....

Anyway hard to choose....

Regards

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Great information,but my personal opinion is: I'm a little bit addraid from the machinces what they producing in Turkey.I have a friend of mine who bought a machince from Yenadent,and after a year the machenice is not working 100%because of the poor quaility,the support is bad,so he is in trouble with the company....

This unit can be a very good possibility....Right now i'm planning to buy a Roland DWX 50 (the price is about 23-24,000 euro),but i have a lot COCR works,so i'm looking for (maybe) a better solution....

Anyway hard to choose....

Regards

I am at the exact same position . Roland is one of the machines I am currently looking at , but my main workload is CoCr . I am currently outsourcing the most difficult cases and have them laser sintered , but as my lab is located in the island of Crete , shipping time takes longer , so there is a time issue . It would be great if I could mill those cases inhouse . I have some concerns about Turkish machines , but these guys really use quality materials . As for the after sales support , they are offering a contract of yearly maintenance . I don't have any more info but I am still researching . As I told you I am going to meet with these guys in 15 days , so any further info I have I will tell you . Everybody I have spoken and have a Yena machine , is really happy with it . I am also meeting them . I speak directly with the factory , not the Greek dealer . They can custom make a machine , just the way you like it . It sounds really interesting . I even found a guy in Greece that makes CNC machines , and have a dental model . 5 axis , 2.2 kw spindle , heidenhein control unit , price around 52.000 euros . It can be cheaper with a cheaper control unit . There are too many !!! I am researching from the previous IDS and haven't decided yet !!:confused:

S

STJDENT

Reaction score
Forget the Turkey, Germany rules.
What happened to the ***. He should say something sensible.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
The machine I posted there, all its parts are german made . The heidenhein control unit is the same as micron . Anyway if it can get the job done I don't have any problem at all with the origin of the machine! Sirona isn't German made ? Everybody says it is crap .

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
I am at the exact same position . Roland is one of the machines I am currently looking at , but my main workload is CoCr . I am currently outsourcing the most difficult cases and have them laser sintered , but as my lab is located in the island of Crete , shipping time takes longer , so there is a time issue . It would be great if I could mill those cases inhouse . I have some concerns about Turkish machines , but these guys really use quality materials . As for the after sales support , they are offering a contract of yearly maintenance . I don't have any more info but I am still researching . As I told you I am going to meet with these guys in 15 days , so any further info I have I will tell you . Everybody I have spoken and have a Yena machine , is really happy with it . I am also meeting them . I speak directly with the factory , not the Greek dealer . They can custom make a machine , just the way you like it . It sounds really interesting . I even found a guy in Greece that makes CNC machines , and have a dental model . 5 axis , 2.2 kw spindle , heidenhein control unit , price around 52.000 euros . It can be cheaper with a cheaper control unit . There are too many !!! I am researching from the previous IDS and haven't decided yet !!:confused:

We tried laser sintered CrCo but price was too high. not to mention fits were bad. I heard milling CrCo was hard since the material is so hard, this true? Why mill though when you can cast it for next to nothing? Mill the design outta wax then cast it. Im sure NP metal doesn't cost much

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
I get really perfect fit and 360 degrees sealed margins with my laser sintered units .Definitely better than casting . Do you get a better cast if you mill wax and then cast it than the traditional methods ? Also when you cast milled wax , do you have to use the ''slow'' method , or rapid heat the burnout furnace ? Thanks , Dimitris .

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
They go straight into a hot oven. Def better fits milling wax and casting. Not to mention cost is considerably lower. We get NP for next to nothing and we were paying 20+ a unit for laser sintered.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
You have the DWX-50 if I am not mistaken right ? Are you happy with it ? Would you recommend it as a first mill ? Thanks

Last edited:
shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
Yeah it's great! I do ZR, wax, pmma, and they all turn out great. In Chicago at LMT lab day I came across a company from Germany called ZR02 and all they manufacture are milling burs. Which they say can do 700 ZR units. Not sure Im going to take them that far but I've done over 150 on them without any chipping. The company we bought the DWX-50 from recommended we use the burs they sell at $85 a pop and can only get 20-30 units out of them. These new burs run me $125 but already have lasted 5 times my last burs saving me $800 on two different burs.

Pieter

Pieter

Reaction score
You can mill CrCo out of stellite with the Roland and cast.Apparantly it works well. Then AmannGirrbach has an unsintered metal that you can mill named Neox. You need an Argon gas sintering furnace though. ZirkonZahn sell a microwave argon gas sintering furnace that could possibly do the job. It cuts down sintering time to about 80 min.

Last edited:
Pieter

Pieter

Reaction score

Know a Milling centre with Yena machines. They are very happy. Their machines use jager spindles and are part German designed.

Top Bottom