HELP!!! DWX50 COLLET BROKEN IN SPINDLE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WilliamJ

Reaction score
Bob, I am adding good advice.

Why do you feel the need to click on "Old"?

I am sure more people will have Roland issues.

How does your input help in any way at all?

It is new info, and very useful for having two pieces of metal stuck together.

If you don't like my posts, then PLEASE by all means click on "Ignore" for my account.

Then you won't be bothered by any of my old posts ever again. OK?
your posts were very helpful, once i understood the names of the pieces and parts.

sometimes when we get into a situation with terrible consequences to our businesses we need immediate action and do not have time to cull through thousands of posts to see if the topic has been covered. i saw where two other posters tabbed dumb. **** them, i sent them private messages telling them they were ass holes.

this is a technology forum where the need for accurate and pertinent information is critical. people that snipe on here need to find a forum conducive to those sort of tactics.

thank you

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
You obviously don't know Scott that well. LOL More then knowledgeable and helpful in any situation. Come off as an A hole to most that don't understand his way of explaining stuff.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
You obviously don't know Scott that well. LOL More then knowledgeable and helpful in any situation. Come off as an A hole to most that don't understand his way of explaining stuff.

They need to have a button to click for partially agree :)

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
You want FREE help, and me to be nice??

LOL

That's just asking too much.

I offer full refunds if not satisfied! :p

Bumfrey

Bumfrey

Reaction score
I thought you were being a little dumb mate. You were asking for free help and then suggesting that the 'helpers' were being an ass and using ridicule. In my opinion *** is always VERY helpful. I understand you were not getting it, but the way you went about correcting the difficulty YOU were having was a little dumb IMO.
Sending people private messages saying 'YOU ARE AN ASSHOLE' is vile.
Hope you got your DWX-50 up and working in time. I would of helped, but i do not use them.

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
don't be an ass, if had a little instruction and knew what the proper tools are and the actual names of the parts i could easily take this apart. which part is the draw bar? unfortunately this very basic machine comes with no technical repair manual explaining what the part are. a little help and not ridicule is in order.

the collet broke in half in the spindle. the screw shank is still in the spindle.

sounds like you should have called your Roland dealer instead of demanding people help you in the way you want. and if you followed anything *** has stated in the past about Rolands, I would be worried he'd turn on a self destruct and blow it up.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
IMO.

This will get you banned from most any other forum online. I have seen people get banned for the stupidest stuff. Asking for free help is one thing but demanding it in a way only you like is another.

Posted from a Galaxy S4.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
this is a technology forum where the need for accurate and pertinent information is critical. people that snipe on here need to find a forum conducive to those sort of tactics.

thank you

This is a public forum buddy. Free info is exchanged and no one member is needed to tell you anything if they choose not to. Yes we all help each other out cause we all respect one an other. But people who bite back calling other established members A holes get them selves put on a black list. If I was *** I would of stopped helping you out the second you called me an A hole and left you alone. You want respect you earn it same as anywhere else. Respect those around you and they will respect you back.

We are all on here for one thing, that is to help this community out and grow. Beggers can't be choosers.

Posted from a Galaxy S4.

Last edited:
William

William

Reaction score
William,

It sounds like you got this resolved. In the future it is important to follow the collet tightening procedure in the documentation. Specifically, putting the detection pin into the collet before tightening. The entire process is available in the document on our website:
http://support.rolanddga.com/docs/Documents/departments/Technical Services/Manuals and Guides/DWX-50_Collet info.pdf

-Glenn
thank you glen, yes a simple mistake caused me too much anxiety.

i apparently have 2 user id's.

William

William

Reaction score
I thought you were being a little dumb mate. You were asking for free help and then suggesting that the 'helpers' were being an ass and using ridicule. In my opinion *** is always VERY helpful. I understand you were not getting it, but the way you went about correcting the difficulty YOU were having was a little dumb IMO.
Hope you got your DWX-50 up and working in time. I would of helped, but i do not use them.

i don't take back my pm. you tagging this string as "dumb" proves the point in my pm.

*** was being smug, he knows it, you know it and i know it. i also knew he had the information to fix it. i implied my ignorance on knowing the part names and nomenclatures, after i learned that i understood what he was saying. he was right it is very simple to fix and took about 10 minutes once my buddy and i figured out how the parts fit together.

i openly admit i was flapping about getting this mill running again.

you are the vile one for judging me.

William

William

Reaction score
This is a public forum buddy. Free info is exchanged and no one member is needed to tell you anything if they choose not to. Yes we all help each other out cause we all respect one an other. But people who bite back calling other established members A holes get them selves put on a black list. If I was *** I would of stopped helping you out the second you called me an A hole and left you alone. You want respect you earn it same as anywhere else. Respect those around you and they will respect you back.

We are all on here for one thing, that is to help this community out and grow. Beggers can't be choosers.

Posted from a Galaxy S4.

i didn't call *** an a hole. i am grateful for his help. the two clowns that tagged this string as "dumb" are what i said to them in the pm's. respect is understanding a nubs ignorance and helping him if you choose. not ridicule. i was begging and *** was an ass in his first reply.

i have been banned from many forums for sniping. i wasn't sniping on here.

Travis

Travis

Nothing to see here
Staff member
Reaction score
Been banned here to, add another to the list.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
::golfclap::

Status
Not open for further replies.