Anyone have any info on the DWOS Laser Mill?

P

PJR

Reaction score
Dental wings couldn't even make a decent scanner and or crappy software for their scanner

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
you're the only one who could figure out how to change the batteries in the light saber:rolleyes:

Yes reps are far more experienced than labs.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Its obvious what scanners you want to push to the dentist to not effect your bottom line. But after a rep has been in there office your only way is to help them in the direction that they are going to ultimately choose.
You are giving in too easily. An IO scanner is way cheaper than a full chairside system. Chairside mills can't do it all. I would be going that route. Plus you can eliminate models for smaller cases.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
when will the caries-eliminating laser bots be at the walmart to put us all out on our a$$? .. th docs are coming with us this time!!!!

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
The new dental wings scanners are not bad.

The newest DWOS is much faster and smoother that before.

The laser ablation mill is coming.

I've heard the newest version of the DW oral scanner is about to be ready in the next few months. I hope with no powder needed.

I'm setting up the newest ISeries upgrade tomorrow just to scan impressions and models.

M

mrcadcam

Reaction score
$85 crown guy and his factory monkees have everything to worry about.They are replaceable. The sooner the better.

For the rest of us ,it's just another toy that will collect dust when the assistant gets pregnant.
The new dental wings scanners are not bad.

The newest DWOS is much faster and smoother that before.

The laser ablation mill is coming.

I've heard the newest version of the DW oral scanner is about to be ready in the next few months. I hope with no powder needed.

I'm setting up the newest ISeries upgrade tomorrow just to scan impressions and models.

I wish we could LEAN to $85 a crown for all accounts. National Dentex and other Large Conglomerates do for all corporate accounts. It costs us $32.18 to manufacture an ALL Zirconia and thats all staff in house making $65,000 up.
We charge $125 so we make a 288% return. Even @ $85 we make 164% return how much money do you need to make you di!do.

I agree Tom and we would buy the laser mill the day it came out but if its focused towards dentist cant give DW anymore money. People bashing Dental Wings has obviously not used it in awhile either. Yes it did lack when it 1st came out but has gotten a lot better over the years. We use the top 4 cad software's in house and although the techs prefer 3shape most of the time, I will not support any CAD software that wants to cut us out. If this supposed 3shape mill Pearl says exists we will rethink our investment with that company as well.

But I guess Henry Schein the main pusher of DW isn't as big as Sirona though right, no need to worry!

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
DW IOS uses powder as 3M moves away from it.

this laser cutter is designed purely for the dentist. at IDS they weren't even really willing to show it to me when they realized i was a technician.

On the flip side, Heraeus Kulzer was demo-ing it too, so I just saw it there. There booth was way better lol

Ken Knapp

Ken Knapp

Reaction score
Cost? Availability? Materials?

I really don't see excimer laser machining of zirconia crowns being viable today or in the near future. The DWOS system sounds great and has the EX appeal but is not viable. With this system you would have a bad laser head day instead of a bad spindle day at ##XX the price of a spindle.

I worked with excimer laser machining on ceramic disk drive head air bearings materials in the 90's. The technology viability has changed little since then.

The next big technology changer is ceramic Additive crown production not another subtractive machining method.

Just my $.))

Ken

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Looks like your 3 shape mill is obsolete Pearl.

PearlZ

PearlZ

Reaction score
3shape's entry to chairside is with their automatic placement; RKM you were the one that posted this video sometime ago when IDS was winding down. i don't know where you found it and all my google fu can't dig it up unless i have mistyped.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
3shape's entry to chairside is with their automatic placement; RKM you were the one that posted this video sometime ago when IDS was winding down. i don't know where you found it and all my google fu can't dig it up unless i have mistyped.

It began with their implant studio software where the autoplace begins the abutment design.
I'm sure this software will be available for all Trios applications soon.

PearlZ

PearlZ

Reaction score
you still have a link to that video ?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Ya, I'm beginning to think I spilled the beans on them.

Top Bottom