Mill is Locking Up

L

Labslip

Reaction score
I'm having an issue with my DWX 52D. Wonder if anyone else has seen this.
In mid-mill the puck-holder assembly moves to the very top of its movement, to where it's touching the top of the milling chamber, and locks up. The error message refers to it as Error 1024-0000 Milling Data Error.

I'm only milling run of the mill molars, no unusual shapes. My technical support advised me to turn off the mill, manually move the puck-holder away from the top of the chamber, and restart the mill. After doing that it re-sets itself in the ready position. They didn't have an answer as to why it happened or what I could do to prevent its happening again.

It happened once last week. It happened twice so far this morning which is why I'm reaching out to the wise ones. Between incidents, we've used the mill all day every day.

Any thoughts?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
check the cable connecting the mill to your computer for damage or loose connection

check the data coming from your cam is simulating correctly

somehow data from your computer isn't reaching the mill. if you stream data to the mill in vpanel maybe check for a vpanel version update or other net issue that would cause network disconnect after perhaps making the computer go to sleep - if there was a windows update that turned that setting back on for your pc networking card?

T

tuyere

Solutions
Reaction score
Something similar has happened once or twice to us, the puck-holder actually struck the inside of the enclosure and stuck fast in place, which I didn't think ought to be possible. Tech support suggested it was because of the older Millbox version we were using, which could sometimes create toolpaths and axis movements that collide with the housing at the most extreme extents of their travel. Fix was the same, manually extract the rotary from its wedged position, restart the machine, and then renest the part so it generates a new toolpath that won't collide again. Not a frequent enough problem to compel a proper fix until we updated Millbox and the issue stopped.

L

Labslip

Reaction score
Thank you

Easiest fix will be to replace the USB cable with a new one. I'll also make sure our Millbox and V-Panel are up to date (I think they are, but I'll check). If it continues to be a problem we'll dig deeper as it becomes necessary.

D

DIMADEL

Reaction score
Something similar has happened once or twice to us, the puck-holder actually struck the inside of the enclosure and stuck fast in place, which I didn't think ought to be possible. Tech support suggested it was because of the older Millbox version we were using, which could sometimes create toolpaths and axis movements that collide with the housing at the most extreme extents of their travel. Fix was the same, manually extract the rotary from its wedged position, restart the machine, and then renest the part so it generates a new toolpath that won't collide again. Not a frequent enough problem to compel a proper fix until we updated Millbox and the issue stopped.
That’s the way, update millbox and vpanel

Top Bottom