ZirkonZahn

Adigitalsmile

Adigitalsmile

Reaction score
Is anyone using the ZirkonZahn machine at high volume and what are some of the issue that the company may not include when talking about the product. Anyone see other machines out there that may have better versatility with products.

O

omarbhan

Reaction score
We have been using this machine for about 5 years. You can make all that you dream about. For high volume this is not the machine. You are much faster to scan.

Regards
Omar

Adigitalsmile

Adigitalsmile

Reaction score
They have a scanner with the system correct? Does it have nesting capibilities to it?

O

omarbhan

Reaction score
They have a scanner with the system correct? Does it have nesting capibilities to it?
Ok, your are talking about their cad/cam system. We have been using hand milling system.

The cad/cam system is good. You can do all you want with it. But you have to use the material from them.

Regards
Omar

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
Never personally used it but I'm confused about a few things with their mill - Why is it so humongous and why does each tool have it's own spindle (essentially a dental hand piece mounted)? I think for less you can get something equally as good and even better. The software is exocad also which we all know can be bought alone or paired with numerous other manufacturer's systems. Also, you are locked into buying material from them since they use a weird sized disc.

DevonR

DevonR

Reaction score

The autonest does a really good job.

Check the website and you will see the scanner. It does the job well and is pretty quick.

DevonR

DevonR

Reaction score
Never personally used it but I'm confused about a few things with their mill - Why is it so humongous and why does each tool have it's own spindle (essentially a dental hand piece mounted)? I think for less you can get something equally as good and even better. The software is exocad also which we all know can be bought alone or paired with numerous other manufacturer's systems. Also, you are locked into buying material from them since they use a weird sized disc.

Well, if you look at their manual mill, they took the motor and turn it sideways. There is no tool exchange on the system... each motor powers a different tool.

I think it's a pretty cool system, and it's SUPER accurate!

Adigitalsmile

Adigitalsmile

Reaction score
Pricing on blocks seems reasonable for the sizes. Main interest with the machine is for the full contour zirconia and the hybrid milling. If there are other machines out there that have the hybrid milling ability Im open ears.

M

Michael C Sweglar

Reaction score
About the Zirkon Zahn Cad/Cam...I have one

Is anyone using the ZirkonZahn machine at high volume and what are some of the issue that the company may not include when talking about the product. Anyone see other machines out there that may have better versatility with products.

Give me a call 307-856-5656, I tell you what I think.

amer84

amer84

Reaction score
the real problem with zirkonzahn CAD/CAM system is the closed system in other words you should use their blocks material (prettau or transluzent ) and their colors liquids
but beside this its good system it cover all dental technology terms

Adigitalsmile

Adigitalsmile

Reaction score
Is there other systems out there that can be used for hybrid type cases? Main reason were looking at this system is the detail and quality of the big hybrid full zirconia cases.

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
Is there other systems out there that can be used for hybrid type cases? Main reason were looking at this system is the detail and quality of the big hybrid full zirconia cases.

Well, I mean first of all there are a ton of other 5 axis mills out. The software is exocad so it's most likely no different than any other flavor from another supplier, so yes, there are other systems out that can do what you want.

Adigitalsmile

Adigitalsmile

Reaction score
Does the exocad software contain all the internal connections for the implant systems and ZirkonZahn just has there own scanning caps for the hybrids. Or does ZirkonZahn have the library for the internal connections to mill out the hybrids.

DevonR

DevonR

Reaction score
Does the exocad software contain all the internal connections for the implant systems and ZirkonZahn just has there own scanning caps for the hybrids. Or does ZirkonZahn have the library for the internal connections to mill out the hybrids.

OKay, first of all you have to understand that when ExoCAD is paird with a system, each different manufacturer (zirkonzahn, origin, kavo, etc) tweaks the program to their own system.

I'm sure you could mill out a hybrid on an open exocad platform, but i'm not sure where you would get all the compenents to do that. It's kind of unique to the zirkonzahn system. I suppose you could use a double scan and throw in some implants... but that kinda defeats the purpose of buying a CAD program. You want to be able to design from scratch.

All of this CAD stuff is still so very new and has sooooooooooooooooooo much catching up to do. Read all of the posts on here and you get the feeling of how this technology is not quite there yet.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
OKay, first of all you have to understand that when ExoCAD is paird with a system, each different manufacturer (zirkonzahn, origin, kavo, etc) tweaks the program to their own system.

I'm sure you could mill out a hybrid on an open exocad platform, but i'm not sure where you would get all the compenents to do that. It's kind of unique to the zirkonzahn system. I suppose you could use a double scan and throw in some implants... but that kinda defeats the purpose of buying a CAD program. You want to be able to design from scratch.

All of this CAD stuff is still so very new and has sooooooooooooooooooo much catching up to do. Read all of the posts on here and you get the feeling of how this technology is not quite there yet.

? Not quite there? In what way?

O

omarbhan

Reaction score
This Zirkonzahn system is close system even tho they are using the exocad cam. They do want you to use only abutment and zironium from them. And using other material the system dose not allow that.

Regards
Omar

Pieter

Pieter

Reaction score
There are blanks available from other manufacturers that fit the ZirkonZahn machine like:
Sagemax
Z-Blank
Compatible for ZirkonZahn milling system

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
Yah, gimmie a call too.. 867-5309

Top Bottom