Zirkonzahn Aquarell on Nexxzr+ and NexxzrT

• Thread starter Lindsay Patterson
  • Start date
L

Lindsay Patterson

Reaction score
Any suggestions on dipping the Nexxzr zirconia crowns using zirkonzahn aquarell? The crowns are coming out way too light. I've already doubled the recommended dip time to 30 seconds. Switching coloring liquids is not an option. I use a Nabertherm sintering oven, on beads, and lid removed due to its enclosed design.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated, Thank you

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
if the furnace is new, just keep doing units and don't worry. it takes a few dozen cycles to get units of proper colour because the heating elements take time to get used to the huge heating/cooling cycle.

Brent Harvey

Brent Harvey

Reaction score
feel free to shoot me a call and ill will be happy to go over with you on how to use the liquids with nexxzr zirconia.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
aquarel isnt really designed for dipping and maybe it just doesnt work that well for that zirconia. i use the 3 types of ZZ zirconia and another for my budget range and i have to modify all of my staining techniques to suit, on prettau anterior it doesnt work at all i have to use the anterior stains then it works great.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
nexxzr+ doesnt absorb as much color, no matter how long you dip, however if you use very intense colors like changs, you can really get some saturation. Never used ZZ liquids, but Ive tried at least 4 different brands on nz+, Changs is the best.. its a shame sagemax doesnt have colors for this zirconia..

user name

user name

Reaction score
nexxzr+ doesnt absorb as much color, no matter how long you dip, however if you use very intense colors like changs, you can really get some saturation. Never used ZZ liquids, but Ive tried at least 4 different brands on nz+, Changs is the best.. its a shame sagemax doesnt have colors for this zirconia..
And in addition to Nexxzr not absorbing well, the Aquarell colors don't penetrate Zr well.

Use Changs.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I dont really understand, Lindsay, how you expect to change the color, without changing liquids, it really is the only way to make a dramatic difference. Lowering temps slowly could help. I think the nexxzr+ crowns that Ive been doing the past few years look far better than any PFM Ive ever made hands down. They have great luster, and if you want more trans you can always fire porcelain.

Having said that, some colors are hard to achieve with only infiltrated colors.. Like b3, b4,c3, c4 .. These always need more stain..

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
When are the preshaded Nexxzr + coming out?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
raw

maybe the reference is lost here if youre in the UK.. but its the first thing that came to mind..

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
the preshaded + are out, just not the multilayer

G

Giovanni Bellamacina

Reaction score
feel free to shoot me a call and ill will be happy to go over with you on how to use the liquids with nexxzr zirconia.
Good morning Brent I'm a new member, where can i find infos about colouring technique for NexxZr T and NexxZr+ ? Thanks in advance

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Hi Lindsay,

I am currently evaluating the ZirCad liquids for use on the NexxZr T and +. I have found tht usong the ZirCad MT Coloring Liquid on the NexxZr+ works very well. But using them on the NexxZr T they are too intense. And i am only boing Brush infiltration, no dipping.

If doing the NexxZr T, I use the ZirCad LT Coloring Liquids. Again, only brush infiltration.

Use both liquids without dilution and per the ZirCad Instructions For Use. This seems to work best and will most likely be our official recommendation shortly.

If you would like, give me a call a later today (afternoon),and I'll be happy to talk with you about it (I think you talked to Martin yesterday).

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Hi Lindsay,

I am currently evaluating the ZirCad liquids for use on the NexxZr T and +. I have found tht usong the ZirCad MT Coloring Liquid on the NexxZr+ works very well. But using them on the NexxZr T they are too intense. And i am only boing Brush infiltration, no dipping.

If doing the NexxZr T, I use the ZirCad LT Coloring Liquids. Again, only brush infiltration.

Use both liquids without dilution and per the ZirCad Instructions For Use. This seems to work best and will most likely be our official recommendation shortly.

If you would like, give me a call a later today (afternoon),and I'll be happy to talk with you about it (I think you talked to Martin yesterday).

Sorry, thought my signature block would show up with telephone.

716-264-2148

Or email: [email protected]

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Must not be Health Canada approved yet.

Just have to patiently wait.

Brent Harvey

Brent Harvey

Reaction score
Good morning Brent I'm a new member, where can i find infos about colouring technique for NexxZr T and NexxZr+ ? Thanks in advance
Hi Giovanni, You will really not find anything on paper for coloring techniques for Nexxzr Zirconia however i can help over the phone, i have worked with it many many ways and can get you headed in the right direction. NexxZr plus is going to be a difficult material to work with, however worth it once you figure out the workflow for it.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Must not be Health Canada approved yet.

Just have to patiently wait.
Check with Ivoclar Vivadent, Canada. They are the exclusive distributors in Canada.

L

Lindsay Patterson

Reaction score
Can't thank you all enough for your responses! I am so glad I finally joined this network. I am going to be calling the gentlemen who extended their contact information to me to talk a little more in depth, thank you again

Lindsay

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Can't thank you all enough for your responses! I am so glad I finally joined this network. I am going to be calling the gentlemen who extended their contact information to me to talk a little more in depth, thank you again

Lindsay
Hi Lindsay, I notice you've tried to call a few times. I am out till monday, taking care of a family member who had surgery. Give me a call on Monday, and I'll be happy to help out.

Top Bottom