Zirkon Zahn

A

Aldad

Reaction score
I am looking at the manual milling ZirkonZahn. Before I take the intro course. Does any body have one, and are the fits and margins CONSISTANTLY as good as Lava?

C

charles007

Reaction score
I took the course, and after milling a 3 unit bridge there, I learned quickly it wasn't for me...... slow and much work....... round and round and round ..
Fits are good,,,,,,,, on the level of Lava, haha
Its worth buying, but it is what it is .....
Only had one chipped margin after making 2 singles and a 3 unit bridge.
Very glad I didn't buy....Take the course first, then you will know if you want to buy one.......
I have 2 friends that used a manual and liked them, Z Zahn and Amann Girrbach, one now has a scanner, and the other bought the inlab......One of these may still be for sell?

R

Rugardave

Reaction score
We've had one for 7 or so years. The thing is after you get use to it it goes much faster. We mill singles in about 10 min. As long as the burs are sharp the fits are perfect. Build margins a little thicker and then finnish down. The cost per unit is about 15. at the loest. You'll learn to become very efficient with the blocks and that takes time. We love it . and we've just a 2 man lab. For our work load it fit us fine. Of course if you do more work the auto machines are better and they're getting cheaper.

N

nic

Reaction score
Well it is a good miller I find it to be. For the 5+1 axis can even do Implants. For the Cost of it is so cheaper then many systems out there. I do find the Scanner no easy to go about at 1st but now is alright. The cost is about 40000 Euro with a Scnner and it comes with 2 Handpieces . But we can add more Handpiecese to the miller to as I don't need to change the ber . It can do wet grinding for E-max and Dry milling for Zircona.

DevonR

DevonR

Reaction score
Well it is a good miller I find it to be. For the 5+1 axis can even do Implants. For the Cost of it is so cheaper then many systems out there. I do find the Scanner no easy to go about at 1st but now is alright. The cost is about 40000 Euro with a Scnner and it comes with 2 Handpieces . But we can add more Handpiecese to the miller to as I don't need to change the ber . It can do wet grinding for E-max and Dry milling for Zircona.

ugh, nic... he said the manual mill

DevonR

DevonR

Reaction score
We have the manual mill as well. It's great for backup when our mill goes down. It's also great for those projects that cannot be done on the computer. Plus, they have a fantastic selection of burs to choose from to get in every possible crevice! Also, we never get chipped margins, a controlled hand and proper bur selection is key.

I would recommend getting one for a 2 man lab, 100%

N

nic

Reaction score
Ya Devonr sorry I was talking about the CAD/CAM Miller .Not do manual mill.

R

rickb

Reaction score
any used ZirkonZahn manual milling machines, for sale out there ?

Top Bottom