zircon chipping - amann girrbach milling machine and 3shape software.

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
Emuge has excellent diamond coated tools for under $80.

Made in Germany.

They do have Roland tools now, but the newer catalogue is not on their site for some reason?? Call and ask for Chuck, and tell him Scott said hi.

We use Gold colored Ti-nitrate tools for $25 from ISI. They also sell Roland tools. I do not use diamonds.

Tried many types. Feel it is waste of $$.

The Amann Girbach mill is decent. It should cut Zr without chipping.

D

Dejvis

Reaction score
I think need to calibrate a milling machine

Deivis

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I doubt that is it.

Are your copings too thin or something?
One side of disk thinner than the other? What makes you thin it is the calibration then?

Inside of coping is offset from the outside then??

Show us a pic of your spruing technique on some of your more problemed mills..

I seriousy doubt your tool sensor is off, or your centerline of workpiece on the B-axis (Rotation axis for the "Flip")

That is seriously out of whack if that is the case. Those things never need adjusting after mill leaves the factory.

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
Wouldn't it make sense that it's either a design error(with thin copings) or burs need changed more frequently? If it was machanical wouldn't the problem be on every coping not just a select few? Thats why to me it seems like it's a bur problem. On some of the more difficult cases I mill, especially the larger bridge cases I found that I need to adjust the offset when I'm importing the unit into SUM3D. Do you have the option of changing the offset with your CAM software?

I

imagedental11

Reaction score
THAT DOES NOT SOUND TOO APPEALING AT THIS POINT! getting my ceramill 2 next week, but from what I've seen the zirk that it mills is top notch, i would suggest calling Georgia Dental Lab, they have lots of ex with the ceramill's they will tell you everything you need to know they have also combined the 3shape with the mill, out lab went with their scanner which we really liked.

R

Richard.Jentsch

Reaction score
We recieved your Amann Girrbach motion 2 milling machine and 3shape scanner/software(2013) 3 months ago. The problem is chipping. There is no problem when milling wax, sintron(chromecobolt),temp - only when were milling zirconia copings and anatomical copings. Almost 1/3 af the copings has chipped edges. I have tried everything from changing the position af the connectors and the size af the connections in the ceramill match software.
The sales rep from Girrbach told me they had discoved a problem with the cam output from 3shape and it should be fixed with the new update from 3shape. I have installed the new update 1 week ago and the problem is still there.

Were are using the standard settings from Amann Girrbach and have even added thickness to the copings - nothing seems to do the trick.

Prior to recieving our machines, we had a 3shape scanner/software(2013) and a vhf milling machine for testing. The VHf did not chip the copings and it was much better at milling around the connectors.

Is the ceramill software crap or are the sales rep right about 3shape and chipping? I suspect the problem is with the motion 2 software.

Please help me!! It is extremly frustrating to waste 3-4 expensive girrbach zircon blanks every month since they cost over 200 euros a piece.

Hi Chris.
i stumbled over this and would be happy to help you! Chipping is annoying, but nothing what can't be solved!
Chipping can have several reasons.
Here where some good suggestions already, such as
-changing the burrs
-changing the settings for the margin (thickness, angle)
-make sure its nested in a stable way and does not vibrate too much during the milling
-verifying the milling machines calibration
etc
Where you in contact with the AG Ceramill Helpdesk already? (you just mentioned your sales rep.)
I work for AmannGirrbach at theyr Helpdesk in Charlotte, NC USA. Calling the Helpdesk should be the first thing if you are running into issues as this is exactly what the support is for.
I am sure we are able to determine what causes your issues! We have several customers arround the world milling successfull with 3shape and our mill.
please call me toll free at 1-800-851-3719 or shoot me an email with your contact details to [email protected] and i will call you back and walk you through.

I hope i hear from you soon!

Richard

I

imagedental11

Reaction score
Was your issue resolved with the chipping?

Top Bottom