Yena D30 milling machine problem

V

ViorelP

Reaction score
I have a big problem with yena d30 milling machine.
For now, it is working with an old version of the software Yena 4.0. We will upgrade it to 5.0 monday.
But the problem is that when we try to mill a metallic model, the mill brokes up on large models (like 6-10-12 teeth). Not every time, but 2 times/week it's breaking up. I don't know if a better mill will save me, but i don't know what to do. We will upgrade to 5.0 and waiting to resolve the problem.
But if we upgrade to 5.0 we have another problem. The milling machine leave a much more gap between the model and the disc. In 4.0 the gap is 2 mm (where the attachments are),in 5.0 is 3mm and that's not good because we lose a lot of material.
Any ideas?
Thank you.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I am purchasing dental soft works to run my D30. It will be installed next week. The mills are great. I do not like the yena CAM/Picasoft at all.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Jason, whats that going to run you for the fully open version?

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
I am purchasing dental soft works to run my D30. It will be installed next week. The mills are great. I do not like the yena CAM/Picasoft at all.

Lol hey hey hey be easy on the Picasoft man. Lol it is still better then Sum3D.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
I have a big problem with yena d30 milling machine.
For now, it is working with an old version of the software Yena 4.0. We will upgrade it to 5.0 monday.
But the problem is that when we try to mill a metallic model, the mill brokes up on large models (like 6-10-12 teeth). Not every time, but 2 times/week it's breaking up. I don't know if a better mill will save me, but i don't know what to do. We will upgrade to 5.0 and waiting to resolve the problem.
But if we upgrade to 5.0 we have another problem. The milling machine leave a much more gap between the model and the disc. In 4.0 the gap is 2 mm (where the attachments are),in 5.0 is 3mm and that's not good because we lose a lot of material.
Any ideas?
Thank you.

4 or 5 ax milling always deepened on geometry and 2 mm offset are very low the axes are allowed at 2 mm offset maybe to bend 10 degrees which is nothing !!! as bigger and harder ( co cr) the parts as more difficult to mill and as more offset you need to mill . Big cases need up to 4 mm offset , why ??? the toolpath is in a better relation to the milled object you have always smooth motion with uniform delivery and therefore low force at the burr and therefore less breaking tools or milled parts ( soft materias like zirkon). Its like driving a straight highway with 100 miles no problem but if there comes a 90 degree curve you got trouble , you either reduce your speed or your laying in the curve like a motorcycle , but the offset is the limitation " for laying in the curve ". If your a motorcycle and you have walls left and right you have to reduce the speed too. The mill is stupid he only does what hes being told. As bigger the parts as more curves as more offset to bend ( up to 30 degrees ) for smooth toolpath and sometimes lower feedrates

Top Bottom