Work NC Cam and Roland DWX-50 Mill

C

Christian Hall

Reaction score
Hi, I'm considering purchasing a Roland DWX-50 Mill but the supplier that is local wants to package it with Work NC. I am very hesitant about using Work NC when most all Roland users use Sum3D...
comments?
thank you

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the dental version of WorkNC...it could be watered down... in general its better known than Sum3D by far ( in the CNC circles )...

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
We have optimized Sum 3D for Roland. Be careful, you don't want to buy Sum 3D after the fact. I would ask the following questions concerning CAM.
1. Has the CAM been optimized to mill anatomical detail with a 0.3 mm tool?
2. How long is the mill time for a full contour Zi? Should be 20 minutes for a high def milling.
3. Has the CAM been optimized for screw retained restorations?
4. Does the CAM label the restorations. (not sure if this is important to you. nice feature to have).
There are several hundred if not a thousand Roland mills in N America. 99% are running Sum 3D. Roland and Sum3d have become synonymous. It's proven. It works great. Don't settle for less.
If you would like we can probably set you up with Sum 3D CAM. Where are you located?

griffmar79

griffmar79

Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and go with sum3d with the CAP milling strategies. You'll be milling in no time!

French Cadman

French Cadman

Reaction score
I use WNC every days , nice , I don't want to change my cam software ….

I never use sum3D and I don't know users in France , why ? I don't know , may be sum3D speaks only english or bad french …. :(

You can also use the implant manager by WNC, very nice software !

http://dentallabnetwork.com/forums/threads/milling-and-casting-polymer.17325/

Many roland run on WNC in France 90% and Delcam 10% !
And all IMES I know run on WNC ...

I don't like Delcam …. :mad:

Last edited:
eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
Work NC is fine - but you better make sure your supplier has the support for you to get the right strategies when trouble arises.

French Cadman

French Cadman

Reaction score
I'd like to try Sum3D , I think it's the same as Exocam by Exocad ...

W

wanny-

Reaction score
I use WNC every days , nice , I don't want to change my cam software ….

I never use sum3D and I don't know users in France , why ? I don't know , may be sum3D speaks only english or bad french …. :(

:mad:

They are an Italian based company so they are just next door to you.

Plus you it looks like Bob could help you out to get into this.

French Cadman

French Cadman

Reaction score
can you do that on roland50 whith sum3D (with the same accuracy as WNC ...) and can you explain me how ?

- How many connectors available in sum3D database ?
- How to adapt sum3D files implant on stl , is it automatic ?
- Can you change and edit the size of sum3D files, is it open or closed implant database ?

Thanks ! ;)

Capture.JPG

DSCN7463.JPG
Capture2.JPG
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG

Last edited:
zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
can you do that on roland50 whith sum3D (with the same accuracy as WNC ...) and can you explain me how ?

- How many connectors available in sum3D database ?
- How to adapt sum3D files implant on stl , is it automatic ?
- Can you change and edit the size of sum3D files, is it open or closed implant database ?

I wish I could do that Frenchy :(... I'm not aware of any interface database in existence... If you're able to export one of those abutments into some parametric format like IGES (STL will lose accuracy) ...I will give a try to cut it on the DWX-50, see how will it look like...

Last edited:
MikeW

MikeW

Reaction score
Hi French Cadman,
We now have a replace feature in SUM3D that allows you to replace the existing interface with a more accurate file - if you have the IGES interface file, you can setup libraries in SUM3D with this information. You can then swap out at any time during processing. You can also setup specific Milling Strategies to ensure each interface is machined out the same, time after time. I'll admit I'm not an expert on the new feauture yet but I've seen it in action and I know Scott @ *** was using it over the past month or two. If you message me your email, I can get you in touch with one of our guys in Italy who's been working on this feature very closely and they can get you all the information you need. I believe they already have a set of libraries ready to go in the CAM. I am getting more in-depth training on this feature later this month and will be able to speak more about this functionality.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

French Cadman

French Cadman

Reaction score
Hi !

Thank you for your answers !

I hope there are more than two roland users on Sum3D in the world who make implants ....

@MikeW , As soon as you know the system better , I hope you can me explain in detail with some pic or videos ...
On WNC implant, you buy IGES files, I think it's easier and French dental technicians can not do it or they do not have time to do ...
This is a big job ...

;)

B

Baba

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just purchased a Roland Dwx50 which they said was bundled with a Roland CAM software. They explained belatedly that these were just drivers and offered me their Sum3d software at an equivalent to 15.5K US dollars, which is really out of my budget. Now I'm trying to look for a less expensive CAM software. Can anyone suggest another less expensive software that would be compatible with my Roland? I inquired with picasoft and Go2dental but have not heard from them yet. I'm presently using Exocad with my 3DShining scanner. BTW, I'm from the Philippines.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
The price they gave you for the Sum3d sounds high...it should be around the $10k mark for the Roland version...Go2 is about the same price.

B

bigbrush

Reaction score
Go for the DS-cam by Dental Softworks. Here in Germany there are running a few with it.They have a Special Price for the DWX - 50 on 5 axis which is much cheaper than Sum3D.

B

Baba

Reaction score
Go for the DS-cam by Dental Softworks. Here in Germany there are running a few with it.They have a Special Price for the DWX - 50 on 5 axis which is much cheaper than Sum3D.
Thank you very much for your info. Will try to contact Dental Softworks.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Hi, Call SAM at CAP. 877-977-7889. We are a Sum 3D distributor and can likely help you out for a lot less $$$$$$.

M

MILLDENT

Reaction score
We are using WorkNC dental version and are pleased with it. I heard that Sum3d has still many errors and as far as I know many people in Polad who bought Imes machines with Sum3d are now looking to buy DentMILL. Right now we also bught Delcam (DentMILL + PowerMILL) becouse we needed industrial version of CAM software. Ofcourse first thought was to buy industrial version of WorkNC but they do not have proper support in Poland (only international) and Delcam has office (even in our city :).

So...in my opinion WorkNC in better, but what is really important is the support you will get from supplier

French Cadman

French Cadman

Reaction score
I wish I could do that Frenchy :(... I'm not aware of any interface database in existence... If you're able to export one of those abutments into some parametric format like IGES (STL will lose accuracy) ...I will give a try to cut it on the DWX-50, see how will it look like...

Hi zero !

You can mill my WorkNC Implant files only if you have the same milling machine as me .....

if not you'll break your DWX-50 !

Sorry my friend !

;)

Top Bottom