Wieland or VHF?

C

Ceradent.se

Reaction score
Ok here´s the deal.
I have a Zenotec Mini today and would like to upgrade to 5-axis. My otions are Zenotec Select or VHF 5s-1.

I know they both are essentially the same machine inside, only run by different CAM software and burrs.

Any inputs on this? I´m only hearing the arguments from each companys salesmen and I guess their versions are a bit "colored"...

B

bigbrush

Reaction score
Hello Ceradent,

if you have a Wieland Mini, you have a DS-Cam Software. So there you can go for another maschinelicence and a 5-axis upgrade ( Zeno Select offer ). So when you go for a VHF S-1 you get it with there SW-package, which is also well with the 5-axis. You have to ask for funktion of this combination.
Hope this helps.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Ok here´s the deal.
I have a Zenotec Mini today and would like to upgrade to 5-axis. My otions are Zenotec Select or VHF 5s-1.

I know they both are essentially the same machine inside, only run by different CAM software and burrs.

Any inputs on this? I´m only hearing the arguments from each companys salesmen and I guess their versions are a bit "colored"...

First Question ask them whats after warranty are they able to repair everything or are they allowed only to repair a few things let them sign it. How long will it take to repair and whats in the meantime .
If the mill goes back to VHF goodnight.

As bigbrush said Wieland runs with DS cam
the Original new Software for the 4 and 5 is a small version of Module Works

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
Wieland is good with their support - since it's ivoclar.

VHF s just a name brand so you have to buy from reseller - which will also become your support, hopefully.

If you are looking at the same machine, then i would always pick the ivoclar branded one

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I would stick with the Wieland brand. I have two VHF 4 axis mills running all day long. And will either get the 5axid dry or wet wieland mill next. There is something about those mills that is better even though it is the same internals. The Wieland runs either a 2.5mm for roughing then a 1mm finishing bur then either a .7mm .6mm or .3mm depending on the strategy. The newer VHF mill will also have the option to run the 2.5mm .7mm and .3mm burs with the v5 software also depending on the strategy. But the wieland CAM might also have other options of the other VHF mill from cad/blu talladium and jensen.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Strategie is part of the cam in the past their was an advantage by Wieland because of the real camsoftware not the f.... vhf self constructed home mill software . Now its the first time they run with real software Module Works ill think Jensen maybe goes with hyperdent ??? welcome in the world of real software . VHF is not very creativ and thats the biggest problem that is part of the reseller.At last you can change in the old vhf software 2 mm roughing into 2,5 mm an so on that is so simple just enter the password from the cam and change it you can although run 0.6 inside or 0.7 or whatever you want this is no mystic.But they wont allow it because they sell burs !!!! If you use 2.5 , 1, 0,7, 0.3 u can bye only 1,0 from VHF nobody would do that and opposite if you use 2,0. 1,0 and 0,6 thats the only mystic.Ok 2,5 is 10 seconds faster but more limits
Dont belive the hole **** they try to tell you.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
My Wieland Mini came in today. I purchased it with the Basic CAM with the option to upgrade to the advanced CAM if needed. Well, I had no idea that the basic CAM was actually Dental Softworks as well!!;) Unbelievable!! I love Dental Softworks! This makes the Wieland version of the VHF mill stand out even more;) Ill let you know tomorrow how it all goes. I ran out of time today to play around with it.

Jason

GoldRunner

GoldRunner

Reaction score
Have fun. Keep the work chamber clean and learn how to properly clean the collet. It's an accurate little beast! If you have questions, ask for Josh at the Wieland support center. They have learned a lot about the mill since Ivoclar has taken over. Mine has been running fantastic for 2 years.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Jason, if this is a new mill all minis are shipped now with the advanced cam FREE for use for the first year. Ask your rep.

BTW great choice you will be pleased with calc times and quality off that mill.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Jason, if this is a new mill all minis are shipped now with the advanced cam FREE for use for the first year. Ask your rep.

BTW great choice you will be pleased with calc times and quality off that mill.

They have to run against real cam software and they must pay for it , for the DS CAM they have paid in the past so every license they sell brings money and standard options are quiet simple. Good negotiating position !!!!

D

dr.dhaval thakkar

Reaction score
i am plannig to buy zenotec mini.
is it worth buying or i should go for any other??

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
i am plannig to buy zenotec mini.
is it worth buying or i should go for any other??

Its an old time mill !!! today without wet option not worth the money time has changed but if you plan to buy a second wet one its ok. If your a real Dr. there are so many materials you can choose with wet option with more potential than the dry ones but maybe your patients like wax or pmma crowns oh maybe the new zirkons look like e-max and all the other wet materials maybe??? time will tell

C

Ceradent.se

Reaction score
I thin it world great for single units and bridges. I mill wax, PMMA and Zr without any problems. Wet milling is a drawback sure but do you need it? I Mill wax and press my emax with perfect results and have Done so for two years now. The only thing it can't do is implant bridges dur to lacking 5th axis but it feels good leaving that to a contractor(Heraues) with all the fitting guaratees they come with.
I recommend it and use it every day.

D

dentcre

Reaction score
I am getting my Mini mill package monday!
Mill oven suction the whole enchilada!
Prepping the lab space for it this weekend