Why do the big implant companies complicate everything?!?

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
There is nothing worse than spending time trying to figure out parts for an implant case on the OEM sites!! Example: A client wanted only Nobel Biocare authentic parts on one particular case. So I had to go order a scanbody. I click on CadCam products, postion locators as scanbody isn't an option, then select nobel active/connical connection, RP for the size, and boom! it shows me two options and I choose the one that applies to my case. Receive it in the mail, scan and send to nobel for design (since I have exocad and they're not friends apparently). Get a call the next day informing me I used the wrong scan body and they can't use it. It must be the Elos. So why in the #$&%^#@ *&%@@ would they not not even pop up as an option to buy?!?!?!?!?!?
I just struggle soooo much when I have to use the straumann or nobel or zimvie websites! Sucks to be dumb.

That's all...continue about your day as you were.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I agree, especially when I get a Straumann or a Noble in. I'm pretty much just calling them with what the Dr writes on the script, I can't navigate those webpages, to confusing for me. Zimmer/Zimvie I pretty much have down, from all the years in working with them, using the catalogs, flyers and notes I have from them.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
There is nothing worse than spending time trying to figure out parts for an implant case on the OEM sites!! Example: A client wanted only Nobel Biocare authentic parts on one particular case. So I had to go order a scanbody. I click on CadCam products, postion locators as scanbody isn't an option, then select nobel active/connical connection, RP for the size, and boom! it shows me two options and I choose the one that applies to my case. Receive it in the mail, scan and send to nobel for design (since I have exocad and they're not friends apparently). Get a call the next day informing me I used the wrong scan body and they can't use it. It must be the Elos. So why in the #$&%^#@ *&%@@ would they not not even pop up as an option to buy?!?!?!?!?!?
I just struggle soooo much when I have to use the straumann or nobel or zimvie websites! Sucks to be dumb.

That's all...continue about your day as you were.
I agree. I kinda got used to it and by now I know where to find things. It's most of the companies and the smaller they are, usually the worst it is. Not a small company, but the other day I had to contact TruAbutments help center to navigate their 'new' portal... :rolleyes:

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I’ve been waiting on a Straumann WT custom abutment that has been on back order for a month and a half .
Apparently Swiss time hasn’t run out.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Since you already highjacked the thread....Deep Purple was the very first concert I ever went to. Them and ELO, fantastic!
It was worth the hijack, to hear about that. What a combination :) :) It was just a tad bit better than the Bob Dylan walk-out concert?! ;) :)

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Ive been screaming about nobel scanbodys for years now, total garbage. No innovation except for the on1 platform, which, call me an idiot, but I dont understand.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
It was worth the hijack, to hear about that. What a combination :) :) It was just a tad bit better than the Bob Dylan walk-out concert?! ;) :)
Absolutely! The only Deep Purple concert that was better, was the one where we had seats.........................on the FRONT ROW!!!!!!!!!!!!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
My Straumann rep never calls to explain.
It’s like we are perfect strangers.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Fortunately for my accounts, the Zimmer rep lives in town. They never had any luck with the BioHorizons rep. I think they also mentioned a high rep turnover rate with that company.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I use to have no trouble with the Straumann site but they redid it recently and it’s terrible now.
Trying to find Ankylos parts on Dentsply’s site is even worse and now I’m back to just calling in orders.

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
Nobel is the worst, period. There is no option to use original parts with their Elos scanbody in exocad and they don't have anything else :D

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I don't deal with Docs that appreciate the implant manufacturers warranty more than our own lab warranty. Some milling centers I just refuse to use, i hate dealing with the website, the portal or because there milling center is complete horse excrement. Some Docs might not like that but I don't tell my mechanic what wrench to use.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I agree. I kinda got used to it and by now I know where to find things. It's most of the companies and the smaller they are, usually the worst it is. Not a small company, but the other day I had to contact TruAbutments help center to navigate their 'new' portal... :rolleyes:
I freaking love tru abutment! Just don't forget to hit the confirm and submit buttons 2 times each ha!

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I don't deal with Docs that appreciate the implant manufacturers more than our own lab warranty. Some milling centers I just refuse to use, i hate dealing with the website, the portal or because there milling center is complete horse excrement. Some Docs might not like that but I don't tell my mechanic what wrench to use.
With your lab warrenty are you covering the cost of parts for a new implant?

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I don't deal with Docs that appreciate the implant manufacturers warranty more than our own lab warranty. Some milling centers I just refuse to use, i hate dealing with the website, the portal or because there milling center is complete horse excrement. Some Docs might not like that but I don't tell my mechanic what wrench to use.
I might not tell my mechanic what tools to use but I would have no problem requiring them to use OEM parts.

G

GroovY

Reaction score
I totally agree with this. Last time,I tried to use scanbody for Biohorizon. I had to use Elos scanbody. Elos made scanbody but they don't have Exocad library to download.(I sent email to ask the company.) I was looking alll over...wasting lots of time thou. I hope someone has conversion chart or something. :(

Top Bottom