Exocad experts.. why do I only get a die scan imported?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Set up a new scanner , everything is scanning great, upper/lower/prep all registered separately in scanapp, but when exocad opens it only opens the die scan and opposing, and the orientation is off. I dont see any settings that will change this, wondering about the best way to get this to import the right way without having to import an extra jaw scan for every case... Thanks in advance!

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Not sure why I never had this problem before importing, but I figured Id explain so its not an empty post. It was a simple as adding an adjacent tooth to the order. Little things like this make me hate exocad.. I see why people get so upset with exo, its powerful software, but not intuitive or user friendly like 3shape. It is an older version of exo that I was using so maybe thats why.. but of all the upgrades you pay for, eliminating unnecessary redundant mouse clicks seems important to me. The DB hasnt changed too much since the original, +1 3shape IMO.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Not sure why I never had this problem before importing, but I figured Id explain so its not an empty post. It was a simple as adding an adjacent tooth to the order. Little things like this make me hate exocad.. I see why people get so upset with exo, its powerful software, but not intuitive or user friendly like 3shape. It is an older version of exo that I was using so maybe thats why.. but of all the upgrades you pay for, eliminating unnecessary redundant mouse clicks seems important to me. The DB hasnt changed too much since the original, +1 3shape IMO.
i agree. it can be SO much better with some relatively minor tweaks for ease of use. really, thats all most of it is, ease of use stuff. it doesnt hand-hold....so that would be why you couldnt easily figure out what was wrong. 3shape would have thrown red flags up everywhere, or not permitted you to proceed lol

they clean up odds and ends here and there, but exocad is slowwwwww at those updates, focusing mainly on the beast side/freedom of the software.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Ive imported a lot of scans into exo from 3shape and medit, and I never had that happen, and Ive also never used 'adjacent tooth'..
I always thought that was kinda dumb, extra mouse clicks for something as obvious as having more than one tooth in your mouth.. and Ive used exo for over 12 years probably, im not a newb, its just not great software. Dont get me started. :bag:

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
must be very old software, havent seen this since like Matera or earlier.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
It is an old build, thought about doing a refresh on it, but just not worth it to me.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
what about with the special going on till dec 31, refresh and upgrade to ultimate for a low rate?

with 3.2 coming soon its definitely worthwhile. 3.1 was a huge step forward in functionality and streamlining. 3.2 is so big they have resellers attending 3 hour presentations on new features.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I just asked imagine about it last week, its $6000.. Not a bad deal I guess.. This dongle is a 5541 with only tru smile module, so the refresh doesnt make sense. The only real upgrade I could see being worth that much is AI basically doing the entire process for me, which shouldnt require 3 hours of training. Im a dreamer.. but im also patient. Ive used matera and while its better, its still the same framework, and IMO I think 3shape does the UI better, maybe because thats how I started, but Im considering just dumping exo and going back.

I know its specialty software, but is it really? B4D is making strides, while not as user friendly. Its such a small market that theres no competition, so they can charge what they want, again, not saying it isnt worth it. I can use every app in adobe suite, far more powerful software compartively (with AI),for $79/mo .. less if I only need photoshop.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
have you tried Dentbird? pay per crown, no software to install, no licensing, no dongle.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Ive tried it, i might give it another stab.

Top Bottom