Why do the big implant companies complicate everything?!?

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I might not tell my mechanic what tools to use but I would have no problem requiring them to use OEM parts.
Not when the OEM parts are overpriced, on back order, and manufactured incorrectly but hey, maybe you do.
It's not just the inadequate solutions(no angled custom abutment from straumann) it's the work flow. Forcing the lab to follow an unfamiliar or inefficient work flow because you are listening to a sales rep over the lab tech shows me you don't have respect for me as a lab.

doug

doug

Reaction score
When I start working with a docotr I purchase 2 TruAbutment scan bodies for each size implant that they restore. I GIVE them to the doctor. They like free and it kinda locks them into using me. I've managed to keep all of them happy, and if they lose one of the scan bodys, I get them a new one...for free.

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
Nobel is the worst, period. There is no option to use original parts with their Elos scanbody in exocad and they don't have anything else :D
You can use the Nobel Active universal base with exocad...You can also order the part you want and scan it on the model

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
You can use the Nobel Active universal base with exocad...You can also order the part you want and scan it on the model
For now I make models with elos scanbody and model analog. After that I scan the ordered original part. It is stupid solution but there is nothing else.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I still think you all are crazy to not make a stance. I use Atlantis and TruAbutment, that's it!!! I provide the scanbodies if you don't already have them. If you send me any other scan with different scanbodies you are bringing the patient back in to scan with my scan bodies. My price for implants is high enough that the price of a scanbody is incorporated into it. If Doc insists, he can go elsewhere, and I had a couple go elsewhere in the last decade...a couple. I average 5-10 implants a day. Analog implant impressions I don't care about because they are getting converted over to one of the two companies above when I scan the case. Make it simple because we live in a complicated world already.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
When cell telephones came to the market and every time you get a smart phone you have to deal with different chargers and connecting wires, to the point I have a big box in my house with all those wires and chargers and I am sure every house in America is the same. This issue didn’t change in this country (I hope it did) till the EU demanded that cell phone manufacturers to have a universal chargers and connections to cut on waste , So I guess if we don’t demand to simplify implants components issues nothing will change.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
I still think you all are crazy to not make a stance. I use Atlantis and TruAbutment, that's it!!! I provide the scanbodies if you don't already have them. If you send me any other scan with different scanbodies you are bringing the patient back in to scan with my scan bodies. My price for implants is high enough that the price of a scanbody is incorporated into it. If Doc insists, he can go elsewhere, and I had a couple go elsewhere in the last decade...a couple. I average 5-10 implants a day. Analog implant impressions I don't care about because they are getting converted over to one of the two companies above when I scan the case. Make it simple because we live in a complicated world already.
All it takes.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
When I start working with a docotr I purchase 2 TruAbutment scan bodies for each size implant that they restore. I GIVE them to the doctor. They like free and it kinda locks them into using me. I've managed to keep all of them happy, and if they lose one of the scan bodys, I get them a new one...for free.
This is the way. I do the same thing with Atlantis and/or Imagine depending on what implants they typically restore with.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I
HATE
NOBEL BIOCARE'S
WEBSITE

If I owned a big company for implants, I would use two or three different scanbodies and make it so my big milling center only used one of them. I would also make it really weird to find each one of those parts. So weird in fact, that the main path of options to select the part most common sense people would take on the website will lead them to the only option which is the wrong scanbody! Genius!! Then, if the purchaser is a lab tech, they will have a need for that part yesterday so that means they will want next day shipping. So their total will be around $150 for one scanbody and shipping!!
So what happens is they'll spend the time scanning that scan body and send the file to our design and milling center only to have lost another day to hear from the milling center that they used the wrong scanbody! So they have to come back to my crappy company website and call customer support, because they have never heard from their rep, and customer support will give the client the part number. And the client will then ask customer support why the common sense way to find their part takes them to a scanbody that is the wrong scanbody and they'll say something like "I'm not sure" or "you're right, it is strange."
So then the client of my wonderfully awesome implant company will buy the right one for another $150+ (again because you now needed it 4 days ago so you go with the $47 next day shipping again). And the customer support says you'll have to go through the unknown area sales rep to try and work a miracle of returning the opened wrong scanbody.
Now, hopefully the dumb client who is incapable of ordering the correct scanbody while playing my wonderful version of online pin the tail on the donkey, if they aren't smart enough to know they need a "very special" driver then they have to come back the next day after their costly next day shipped scanbody comes in and they find out it has a ridiculously tiny screw hole that a normal driver has no business fitting (that's what she said) and they can now come back to my russian roulette website to find the correct driver!!!! It's genius!!

Ok guys, what I'm trying to say is, I love you TruAbutment. But could you guys get a branemark line so I never have to do this again?

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Quick update: area rep was good enough to get me the newly ordered scanbody and shipping at no charge. So that's pretty neat.

AaronW12321

AaronW12321

Reaction score
Big time agree that the aut implant websites are hot garbage. Nobel especially continues to drop the ball with nearly everything, even when I give them the benefit of the doubt, they let me down. I've ended up making an excel spreadsheet with links directly to each part from each website I need so I dont have to navigate the maze every time. You could totally use Dess instead of tru for the branemark stuff tho

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Big time agree that the aut implant websites are hot garbage. Nobel especially continues to drop the ball with nearly everything, even when I give them the benefit of the doubt, they let me down. I've ended up making an excel spreadsheet with links directly to each part from each website I need so I dont have to navigate the maze every time. You could totally use Dess instead of tru for the branemark stuff tho
You could probably make millions on that spreadsheet!
I need a custom abutment unfortunately

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
I
HATE
NOBEL BIOCARE'S
WEBSITE

If I owned a big company for implants, I would use two or three different scanbodies and make it so my big milling center only used one of them. I would also make it really weird to find each one of those parts. So weird in fact, that the main path of options to select the part most common sense people would take on the website will lead them to the only option which is the wrong scanbody! Genius!! Then, if the purchaser is a lab tech, they will have a need for that part yesterday so that means they will want next day shipping. So their total will be around $150 for one scanbody and shipping!!
So what happens is they'll spend the time scanning that scan body and send the file to our design and milling center only to have lost another day to hear from the milling center that they used the wrong scanbody! So they have to come back to my crappy company website and call customer support, because they have never heard from their rep, and customer support will give the client the part number. And the client will then ask customer support why the common sense way to find their part takes them to a scanbody that is the wrong scanbody and they'll say something like "I'm not sure" or "you're right, it is strange."
So then the client of my wonderfully awesome implant company will buy the right one for another $150+ (again because you now needed it 4 days ago so you go with the $47 next day shipping again). And the customer support says you'll have to go through the unknown area sales rep to try and work a miracle of returning the opened wrong scanbody.
Now, hopefully the dumb client who is incapable of ordering the correct scanbody while playing my wonderful version of online pin the tail on the donkey, if they aren't smart enough to know they need a "very special" driver then they have to come back the next day after their costly next day shipped scanbody comes in and they find out it has a ridiculously tiny screw hole that a normal driver has no business fitting (that's what she said) and they can now come back to my russian roulette website to find the correct driver!!!! It's genius!!

Ok guys, what I'm trying to say is, I love you TruAbutment. But could you guys get a branemark line so I never have to do this again?
Get a dess scanbody for Branemark and send it to Haus Milling in Texas for custom abutments

doug

doug

Reaction score
Can't you just send the scan from your lab to them?

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Dear Straumann,
I love spending so much time with your technical support due to how simple all of your wonderful programs are!!!😬 Ordering has never been easier!! 😠 It sure is nifty.Mad

Top Bottom