Implant Library Help!

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

So I been scratching my head trying to get a definitive on this and hoping some people here have tried this and have a ready answer. I have a costumer using the Medentika L1410 scanbody, and they are trying to get it to make a model in ExoCad (With model analog),now I have all the libraries from Straumann (Medentika) and Medentika direct, and in the "L" series there is only the option to use the L1010 and L1110 which also do not have model analogs.

After going through the catalogues I found the "CL" series from straumann which uses the L1410 scanbody and there is a corresponding printed model analog that I can see and order, however I cannot for the life of me find an option that gives me a good result in ExoCad, nowhere can I find the 1410 option.

Any thoughts?

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
This is the most frustrating part of IOS implant cases. I had an issue similar to this recently that involved Straumann. They were pretty unhelpful since I was using 3Shape and not their design software. I don't remember how I finally got it solved, but I do know that Straumann kept pushing it back on me that the issue was on my end. I am sure If we are all using their Carestream design software, this would all work with no problems. I also assume I wouldn't have to edit the Materials.xml files anymore to fix their angled screw channel variobases.

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
This is the most frustrating part of IOS implant cases. I had an issue similar to this recently that involved Straumann. They were pretty unhelpful since I was using 3Shape and not their design software. I don't remember how I finally got it solved, but I do know that Straumann kept pushing it back on me that the issue was on my end. I am sure If we are all using their Carestream design software, this would all work with no problems. I also assume I wouldn't have to edit the Materials.xml files anymore to fix their angled screw channel variobases.
I feel that pain, I have been saddled with dealing with problem cases lately and there is no definitive answers... the answer is like kinda there but there is no information that definitively and explicitly says what you are looking for so apparently I need to assume and guess...and when I am now dealing with a 3rd party costumer this lack of information is frustrating to say the least.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I have been more proactive about letting my IOS accounts know about how important the scan body they use is. That has helped in keeping work flows a bit more consistent.

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
I have been more proactive about letting my IOS accounts know about how important the scan body they use is. That has helped in keeping work flows a bit more consistent.
Yeah that what I would do for the future, keep a uniform "If you use these libraries I can guarantee fit" kind of style.

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
So I have a customer that sent a Flo Scan body scan to restore a Astra EV 3.0. I went on the xocad website and downloaded the library but they have an error? Has anyone else come across this issue as it locks up with the error warning so I have to sign out to get the computer back? TIA

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
the medentika BLRC components are limited in the US if i remember correctly..
recently had a model to build in their zimmer line... was a sh*tshow as well.

there just isn't tech support out there for EXO..
i was stunned by the lack of integration by every major player in this industry.

Straumann told me i was on my own.. couldn't even upload to their portal... once i figured it out, they double billed my account. FOR FKING MONTHS! MONTHS! every time i clicked send. bend over... just starting out too... call after call of incompetence on every. single. level.

I am no longer doing OEM. done.

Nobel told me i was the first upload a case... yay. I still can't get the bill sorted for the 2 additional abutment sets that showed up :mad:

TRU has one EXO guy and so does Argen

its all frustrating, especially for a onemanshow...
literally every employee i have is tied up with stupid crap in these moments.. for days... in an endless sh*tshow loop.

i am no longer doing OEM
iamiamnolongerdoingoemiamnolongerdoingoemiamiamnolongerdoingoemiamnolongerdoingoemiamiamnolongerdoingoemiamnolongerdoingoemiamiamnolongerdoingoemiamnolongerdoingoemiamiamnolongerdoingoemiamnolongerdoingoem

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Gave up on OEM awhile ago...just became too much senseless BS!!!

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I'm also starting to loosen my grip on abutment OEM's.

Last edited:
desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
I don’t do oem either for all the same reasons. Last time I did I sent a case to Straumann, they double billed me and I spent literally over an hour on the phone talking to multiple people to get it resolved.

Top Bottom