Which is better and more beneficial for labs?

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
your advice friends,
which is better?, s to stick with branded Exocad or full blown Exocad? And why? As usual I thank you

Last edited:
Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
The unbranded versions are always better. And takes longer to get updates..

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
The unbranded versions are always better. And takes longer to get updates..
It’s Is going to cost the same to upgrade to branded or full Exocad , but obviously I have to transfer the license

C

charles007

Reaction score
I've been out of the loop, what is the difference in branded and full Exocad ? Please explain in full detail.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
What I know and I am open for correction is that the branded is a minimized Exocad which is late for upgrading compared to full Exocad

doug

doug

Reaction score
We switched from a branded (Jensen) version to open and there are some features that were opened for us after the switch. I don't know why anyone would want to throttle their customers, but it happens.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
I bought my exocad from DAL in Peoria Illinois. Would that version be considered open or branded?

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
We switched from a branded (Jensen) version to open and there are some features that were opened for us after the switch. I don't know why anyone would want to throttle their customers, but it happens.
When you switched Doug, what did you do about CAM/ such as hyperdent? You stayed with Jensen?

Last edited:
C

charles007

Reaction score
What I was told years ago and may not apply now, but here goes. The branded Exocad have their special request in the platform so those ideas go back to Exocad to work out the kinks and that goes back and forth with testing on both ends. This takes time and the reason Branded Exocad takes longer for the newest updates to be released. There maybe more to it than what I was told. If you look at the platform from Jensen, AG and full Exocad which i hadn't heard that term before there are slight differences, even the background coloring. My first Exocad support came from Origin, then DAL, then hooked with Chris Brown/Acliviconsulting. All the platforms were different as well as levels of support.

Last edited:
Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
“All the platforms were different as well as levels of support.”
which is better in your experience?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I personally probably prefer branded because it's branded to that specific reseller...and that tells me that reseller has knowledge about exocad and when I run into a jam they will most likely have the answer. Not sure that holds much weight to the argument but that's my say for now.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Ive only used Preciso (Jensen) branded, so I dont know what Im missing. Im also well behind on updates, but I figure teeth havent changed and Im able to do well with everything I need done, so why change?

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Ive only used Preciso (Jensen) branded, so I dont know what Im missing. Im also well behind on updates, but I figure teeth havent changed and Im able to do well with everything I need done, so why change?
I agree, I haven’t upgraded for a while with Jensen’s , but lately sending Designed stl file for Titanium abutments to be milled is not possible without having the construction file that corespondents to the milling center automation. Yes I have what’s called construction file but it’s not the one they need but only found in the latest upgrades of branded and unbranded of Exocad

C

charles007

Reaction score
DAL gave me great support, can't complain. Chris is in another league working closely with Exocad, Medit, DOF and many other companies.
One time Jensen called while I was designing and having a problem and Jensen helped while still on the phone call. That says alot about a company knowing my Exocad support was with another company.
Which is better in my experience ? really a loaded question, depends on the lab, cad experience, if your planning to buy a mill, need another scanner ? so many variables. Lets just say I would be pissed if I had a long wait on new Exocad Updates or had to wait long hours for support which I always received very fast support.

C

charles007

Reaction score
For you guys who haven't updated Exocad in 4,5 years ? you will be shocked at all the new tools to make designing easier.
Call some of these companies to do a Teamviewer to see a single unit, multi-unit and bridge being designed.
Many of us are Old school, but designing with new Exocad updates is really sweet Cheers

Last edited:
user name

user name

Reaction score
How do you tell which version youre using...The very top bar? Preciso DB 2016.11 engine build 6155?

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
How do you tell which version youre using...The very top bar? Preciso DB 2016.11 engine build 6155?
[/QUOTE
Mine I think 64 something

Last edited:
Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
My problem is if I go to widows 10 my stinbechler scanner won’t work, so I have to get the latest of Exocad to widows 7 so I could use my scaner, it sucks

Last edited:
Top Bottom