What Portal do you use for sending or receiving scans?

LabRat23

LabRat23

Reaction score
Hi! I was just curious on what portal or site you guys use to send and receive cast files? We love iTero but you need a scanner to be able send from it as a dentist, and a lot of our dentists don't have that brand iOS, I've heard medit float around but I haven't looked into it much, just wanted to see what the people had to say first!
Thanks!

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
Isn't Medit also using their own scanner to send files?

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
medit link, itero, dental share. thats all we accept.

B

Beldent Inc.

Reaction score
Medit link, itero, sirona connect, 3shape...!
If not, you can always send your stls with wetransfer.com and the lab can import the files with no issue.

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
We use every matching portal, 3Shape, iTero, Sirona, Medit, Dexis, Care Stream, EasyRX, and about 50% of our daily cases just get sent via email.

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
Meditlink,3Shape,Itero,Sirona, and an idependent gmail account.

A

a3dl

Reaction score
3 shape inbox, Itero, medit, carestream and dexis, sirona, also our Labnext client portal
Have an admin that basically is doing this all day while entering the cases into our labnext management portal and setting the cases up in EXOcad

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Hi! I was just curious on what portal or site you guys use to send and receive cast files? We love iTero but you need a scanner to be able send from it as a dentist, and a lot of our dentists don't have that brand iOS, I've heard medit float around but I haven't looked into it much, just wanted to see what the people had to say first!
Thanks!
Whatever the client is using... We have 3shape, but I have a 'portal' for iTero, Cerec, CS connect, Medit and just as of today, DS core...

I am sure I am missing one or two...

A mess, if you ask me.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
pretty much everything. and some clients prefer to upload to our LabStar portal as well (from various scanners)
carestream, dexis, 3shapeconnect, medit, itero, planmeca, etc, etc...

as @Contraluz said, its a damn mess. there needs to be ONE centralized upload location. rumor has it, someone is working on that

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
How much does all these access services cost????

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Well that's not true.
Some of them you have to pay for. 3shape Communicate inbox costs money, So does itero.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
So does itero
Since I am already paying for 3shape, I did not know they charge you for the 3Shape connect! I am not surprised, tho...

As for iTero, they stopped a couple years ago, to charge you as a Lab. I think thet stopped just around or after the Exocad fusion. Maybe you need to tell one of your clients, that uses iTero, to get you a 'Waiver'. That is how I got the access to iTero. I still had to sign a bunch of papers, which I did not have to do with all the others.

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Good to know that ITERO maybe they changed but it was a tier system to get involved with a 1 time fee and then they would charge you to export scans if you wanted to print the models yourself.

Yeah, if you have 3shape you can get a communicate inbox but if you don't use 3shape you have to pay for an inbox.

At least that was my experience a couple years ago.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Medit port hole sucks. Those dam pop up surveys and bug fixes are as annoying as those skin flint purple exocists.

Christmas Carol GIF

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Medit port hole sucks. Those dam pop up surveys and bug fixes are as annoying as those skin flint purple exocists.

Christmas Carol GIF
No I'm just thinking it's like a fire stick. You got the free crap, but if you want the real content your going to pay $8 for this, $7 over here, $12 over there. Meanwhile clients think printed models should be free because you saved stone 🫤

It doesn't affect me, I was just curious.

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
No I'm just thinking it's like a fire stick. You got the free crap, but if you want the real content your going to pay $8 for this, $7 over here, $12 over there. Meanwhile clients think printed models should be free because you saved stone 🫤

It doesn't affect me, I was just curious.
I’d like to fire a stick up their port hole.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
How much does all these access services cost????
nothing except LabStar, but i purchased that prior to getting scans, and thats not the reason why i purchased anyway.
so, free.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score

Christmas Carol GIF
bug fix alerts we get, and they are annoying....but no other pop ups. and its not annoying using their portal. its relatively easy. easier than planmeca.

Top Bottom