Romexis for Planmecca

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
A doctor just bought a Planmecca. He's been sending emails with the stl. From what I've seen the Romexis allows you to preview everything sent to you then you still have to email it to yourself. If any of you have experience with it, am I understanding that correctly?
If that is the workflow, is there any benefit to doing it that way or is it just another monthly payment?
Also, right now the doctors stl does not send the colored images and that is something I'd like.
And last, I have a question about Medit intraoral scanning that another doctor has. He says he is marking the margins before sending the case via the Medit portal. When I receive those they do not have his margins marked which is something I'd love to have.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
A doctor just bought a Planmecca. He's been sending emails with the stl. From what I've seen the Romexis allows you to preview everything sent to you then you still have to email it to yourself. If any of you have experience with it, am I understanding that correctly?
If that is the workflow, is there any benefit to doing it that way or is it just another monthly payment?
Also, right now the doctors stl does not send the colored images and that is something I'd like.
And last, I have a question about Medit intraoral scanning that another doctor has. He says he is marking the margins before sending the case via the Medit portal. When I receive those they do not have his margins marked which is something I'd love to have.
STL has no colour data, use OBJ or PLY export options for color data instead. They're other 3d file formats.

apostolis159

apostolis159

Reaction score
I have a doc that has a planmeca (no idea on model). When he emails me a job, the folder contains both .stl and .ply files, and an .xml file which is what exocad is looking for when importing a planmeca case. So its upper/lower/bite in both .stl/.ply plus the .xml, makes for 7 files.
Importing to exo using the xml makes it quite easy, at least on the -admittedly simple- cases I have worked for now.
Maybe you can ask the doc to ask his reseller to explain how to properly export the jobs for exocad use? Assuming it's what you're using.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
No mask here either Riley. I just sent my kid back to school to her kindergarten teacher that had it like 8 days ago. Its a brave new world, so why not be brave? Id rather be dead than culled. I also know people with autoimmune disorders that havent left their house in 8 months.. so are we talking about preserving life or quality of life?

STL has no colour data, use OBJ or PLY export options for color data instead. They're other 3d file formats.

I have a doc that has a planmeca (no idea on model). When he emails me a job, the folder contains both .stl and .ply files, and an .xml file which is what exocad is looking for when importing a planmeca case. So its upper/lower/bite in both .stl/.ply plus the .xml, makes for 7 files.
Importing to exo using the xml makes it quite easy, at least on the -admittedly simple- cases I have worked for now.
Maybe you can ask the doc to ask his reseller to explain how to properly export the jobs for exocad use? Assuming it's what you're using.
Thanks guys!

Top Bottom