What 3d Printer?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
its not listed on your site there Magoo. have you got a pamphlet or are you just hyping it for now?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
went straight to Asiga. https://www.asiga.com/products/printers/pro2/

base model is 25k USD.

still over 5x more than a formlabs2 and people find that to be accurate enough (and somehow better than more accurate printers like MP3500 or eden260vs)

so what makes yours worth the pricetag?

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
I'd wait to see what Prodways comes out with in the next year or two

Cory@WhipMix

Cory@WhipMix

Reaction score
went straight to Asiga. https://www.asiga.com/products/printers/pro2/

base model is 25k USD.

still over 5x more than a formlabs2 and people find that to be accurate enough (and somehow better than more accurate printers like MP3500 or eden260vs)

so what makes yours worth the pricetag?

Hey CoolHandLuke,

The base model starts at $6,990 USD and then goes up depending on the size of the build plate.

As for in comparison to formlabs, the Asiga printer has a higher resolution accuracy and a faster print time. The Asiga is Stereolithography DLP and formlabs is Stereolithography Laser. Also the resin tray in the FormLabs has a PDMS layer, which over time becomes cloudy (due to absorbing the resin overtime) and obstructs the optical window potentially causing inaccurate prints. The resin tray on the Asiga is just a clear Teflon film, which doesn't absorb resin and become cloudy. Besides being more precise and faster, one of the main advantages is that the Asiga is a truly and open printer. You can use any SLA resin (within the spectrum of 385-405nm) for the Asiga, from any provider. Would you a buy a mill that locks you into one material brand/type? Probably not, so why buy a 3D printer that locks you into one brand of material? You can even change the z print layer thickness. If you want 1 micron or 54.3467 micron layers, you can achieve it. You can also stack print jobs for overnight prints. You can even customize the print settings achieve crazy speeds, I was able to print 30mm tall cube at 50 micron layers in just over 40 minutes, and that wasn't even at max speed.

I am pretty excited about this printer, you may be able to tell that haha.

You are more than welcome to call me and we can talk some more. (800) 626-5651 ext 1437

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
ah so its not the Pro2, its the Pico 2.

still an awfully small build plate. 64x40x75

Matt Drury

Matt Drury

Reaction score
Marketing will be releasing literature soon, within the next couple weeks. As well as product info and technical specifications on website. We will be offering 3 different models of Asiga printers, meanwhile for more info on capabilities of each unit, technical specifications, or pricing. etc. PM, email or call me or Cory who responded prior to my post (800) 626-5651 ext 1437 He is quite a bit more knowledgeable than myself.

a22cca8e1c137e70cd6e4f61309a6981.jpg

Cory@WhipMix

Cory@WhipMix

Reaction score
ah so its not the Pro2, its the Pico 2.

still an awfully small build plate. 64x40x75

The Pico2 - Base model starts at 6,990. and then goes up- to the Largest model the Pro2 75 which starts at 24990-144 × 81 × 200 mm

You can print a full plate of models at about 1hr 20 minues to 1hr 40 minutes. at 50 micron layers.

Whats the print time on the Eden?

I know our MP3500 takes roughly 6 hours for a print cycle- so with the Pro2 75 we can achieve 4 print jobs in the same amount of time at a fraction of the cost.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
a full plate of models standing up instead of laying down, on an eden is roughly 20 hours. 30um layers +-30um feature size. but its build plate is at least 10x bigger than the pro2.

you will get 20 models.

ok, on further comparison maybe not 10x. most accurately is 255*252*200 vs 144*81*200 or roughly 12.9/2.35 or 5 and a half times the build plate size.

Last edited:
Cory@WhipMix

Cory@WhipMix

Reaction score
a full plate of models standing up instead of laying down, on an eden is roughly 20 hours. 30um layers +-30um feature size. but its build plate is at least 10x bigger than the pro2.

you will get 20 models.

Eden 260VS Build plate is 255x252x200 which takes up 64,260 square MM the Asiga Pro2 75 had a build area of 11,664 square MM. So the Eden 260VS's build plate is roughly 5.5 times the size of the Asiga- The Eden is larger! But for production comparison sake ( and kicks and giggles),I am able to fit 7 ortho models vertically on the build plate of the pro2 75 (as seen below). At 30 micron layers we are able to print these 7 models in 6.5 hours, lets add 10 minutes on for removing the models and post processing them in Alcohol: we are now at 6 hrs 40 minutes. Now lets ramp up production to a 24 hour shift (which included a lot of coffee to stay awake) respectively we are able to get 3 full runs vertically in 20 hours- equaling 21 models. But we still have 4 more hours left, I now can lay the models horizontally and at 30 micron layers I can print 2 full arch ortho models in 2 hours- so in a full 24 hour period the Asiga can produce 25 ortho models at 30 micron layers. For a printer that costs $24,990 that production capability is pretty impressive. On top of that, lets say after those ortho models I decide that I want to print surgical guides, I can switch materials in under 1 minute- no purging.

upload_2016-10-24_14-4-48.png

Last edited:
Cory@WhipMix

Cory@WhipMix

Reaction score
ok, on further comparison maybe not 10x. most accurately is 255*252*200 vs 144*81*200 or roughly 12.9/2.35 or 5 and a half times the build plate size.[/QUOTE]

haha, i just noticed your correction. my fault for that.

O

oscar102624

Reaction score
I run formlabs 2 and it's simple and easy to use and not expensive. We're thinking about buying another one soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohanBarnard

JohanBarnard

Reaction score
I also have the Formlabs 2, extremely good and easy to use. Knocks the sock of Projet 1200. Like comparing a child's toy car to a real one.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Does anyone know what printer(s) Argen USA uses? Not that I'm totally impressed with what I got, compared to what I saw of a Bego printed model. It was nice, clean and smooth. I really couldn't see any layers or lines.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
as far as i know, and my information is dated, they (at least used to) use Projet MP3500

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Also the resin tray in the FormLabs has a PDMS layer, which over time becomes cloudy (due to absorbing the resin overtime) and obstructs the optical window potentially causing inaccurate prints.

There is a 3rd party recoatable glass tray available for cheap ;)...

U

Uliana

Reaction score
Hello!
Did anyone calculate how many models approximately can be printed out of 1 litter of resin on Formlabs 2? And how many veneers?
Thank you!!

Top Bottom