What 3d Printer?

Toto

Toto

Reaction score
Was wanting to buy a 3d printer to make models for Crown and Bridge. Small lab / most affordable printer. Any suggestions?

Baobabtree

Baobabtree

Reaction score
Have only heard good things regarding the Formlabs 2.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Outsource it and keep the headaches away! Banghead

Cheaper on you in the long run I promise!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i have no idea why he would be sour. he got the best damn printer money can buy (3510HD)

the rest of us get by with just 3500's or objet 260v's

Marylandfarmer

Marylandfarmer

Reaction score
i have no idea why he would be sour. he got the best damn printer money can buy (3510HD)

At $3,400 for the formlabs 2, why would you go with the Bego Varseo for $25,000?
The Bego is said to use FDA approved material and all but if you are just going to cast the printed item who cares. How is the comparison in detail?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
imagine it like the green radar screen. from the center, the line sweeps around the screen and makes beeps when it hits a thing right?

well accuracy-wise both the formlabs and the bego printer utilize technology that functions like this radar screen. from the center its quite stable and accurate. but moving towards the edges, it gets less so. the formlabs products can only reach three-digit micron precision. bego can do little better.

the advantage to bego is twofold: 1. its a dental company so they can understand and support you properly. 2. all of their materials are already correctly adapted for use in dental. printing a clear appliance for example. done. printing a custom tray out of proper tray material. also done. resin for casting - anyone can do that. that's not special. if thats your only use for printing then get a formlabs and prepare for wonky crap. if you intend to support customers with clear appliances or custom trays then have a closer look at bego and objet.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
What was that little 3D printer that CAP was hawking for awhile? Maybe they still are. I think SideBoob had one.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
What was that little 3D printer that CAP was hawking for awhile? Maybe they still are. I think SideBoob had one.

It was the ProJet 1200. I think there has been an abandonment from them by a lot of companies.

Not sure it preformed as expected.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score

Lol...whatever...3510 HD Max(most accurate printer I've ever worked with!) and a 260V Dental....and...:rolleyes: well...can't get into that quite yet. ;)

T

Torquadon

Reaction score
well accuracy-wise both the formlabs and the bego printer utilize technology that functions like this radar screen. from the center its quite stable and accurate. but moving towards the edges, it gets less so. the formlabs products can only reach three-digit micron precision. bego can do little better.

They are both SLA printers I believe. As far as I can see bego does not provide information about laser spot size on their website, and Formlabs does, so if you have this information for Varseo I would appreciate if you could share. Layering precision for both printers looks the same at least on paper.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
well naturally they wouldn't provide that info. it will take you 4 phone calls and 14 days of waiting for an email from 'an engineer' who doesnt understand your question and emails you a sales brochure just to figure out they published everything they cared to disclose.

i asked about cross platform accuracy once. about 6 months ago. nobody ever got back to me. sales reps in and out for months since, don't even acknowledge me.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
sales reps in and out for months since, don't even acknowledge me.

Are you acting invisible ? We had a salesguy coming monthly trying to push a system, yet didn't had the answers for my concerns...got fed up and told him not to show his face till he's better informed...guess I was a tad harsh because he stopped visiting...Hmmmm2

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i dont know if i acted. maybe i am just a very large invisible person.

T

Torquadon

Reaction score
well naturally they wouldn't provide that info. it will take you 4 phone calls and 14 days of waiting for an email from 'an engineer' who doesnt understand your question and emails you a sales brochure just to figure out they published everything they cared to disclose.

i asked about cross platform accuracy once. about 6 months ago. nobody ever got back to me. sales reps in and out for months since, don't even acknowledge me.

If they do not share this information, this usually means they are equal or worse then competition. I think it is safe to bet that technically Varseo = Form 2 and you pay 10x more for material certification and Bego brand.

Last edited:
G

gonchisp69

Reaction score
so....
wich 3d printer should we buy?.....
That's for modeling and orthodontic.

Matt Drury

Matt Drury

Reaction score
The Asiga 3D printer Whip Mix is rolling out with is an Open source (materials) printer for models, surgical guides, splints, custom trays, flexible gingiva mask, and castables. Check it out!! It's very impressive!

Top Bottom