wax print material investment issues

T

twinrivers14

Reaction score
Is there something different that needs to been done as far as investing and burnout with the wax print material. We just started scanning and designing on a 3shape d700. We just designed and received a three unit bridge and when we sprued and invested with our waxed up copings and ended up with some fining on the bridge casting.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
Do you know what printer was used and material it was?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I maintain a 2 stage overnight burnout as usual.

Are you speed casting?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Go to 800F.....hold.....wait.......20 minutes for One ring....30 minutes for more rings.

Then, blast up to High temp as usual.

It works! Been doing it for about Seven years now.

No more fins, or exploding rings.

gdallc

gdallc

Reaction score
I have tried a lot of investments with different print materials. Shofu Ceravety Works wonders for me. Bench set 20 min. put straight into burnout oven pre-heated to 1700F for 45 min. Make sure you use a large enough ring for a bridge.

T

twinrivers14

Reaction score
thanks guys we have been using valcon investment and have had no problem what so ever love the investment but with just wax in the past it was just easy to do a one stage burnout over night. But if this stuff has to burn out hotter that would be the reason behind the fins. CMC is who we are sending our scans to so its what ever print material they use.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
It is usually recommended with any printed material or resin to do a two stage burnout from a cold oven. This allows the material to melt and burn out more evenly. This helps to avoid undo stress inside the ring that may cause cracking which is what causes finning.

gdallc

gdallc

Reaction score
It really does vary with the resin. Some melt some don't. I have found that with some higher temp will burn it out before it can expand. Right know I print my own with Asiga's resin it burns out nice at a high temp. CMC uses envisiontec it gave me the most problems with fins but If I remember right I had no problems when using Shofu Ceravety at 1700F 45 minutes preheated. 3Dsystems resin is my favorite.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
we use talladium investment. but we've stayed away from printing and stuck with CNC milling wax instead.

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
We use microstar at the lab. Is there anything specific we should be doing different compared to a hand waxed pattern

Top Bottom