vhf k5

B

bigbrush

Reaction score
since ever, you need only the postprocessor to your machine.

M

mptz

Reaction score
Got today software easy to use built like a tanks fantastic fit even though I scanner i used is an old ineos blue

DanM

DanM

Reaction score
Anyone setup any screw retained zirconia with the CAM? Any work arounds to get PMMA to fit? I have to increase spacer currently to by about 3x to get internal to fit. I've had PMMA milled from a Roland drop right on. What kind of compressor are you running with it? I thought it needed a lot of air.

esamuelr

esamuelr

Reaction score
Anyone setup any screw retained zirconia with the CAM? Any work arounds to get PMMA to fit? I have to increase spacer currently to by about 3x to get internal to fit. I've had PMMA milled from a Roland drop right on. What kind of compressor are you running with it? I thought it needed a lot of air.
upload_2016-6-6_12-33-5.png

M

mptz

Reaction score
Does sum3d support this machine yet or is it the same as the other vhf machines?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Does sum3d support this machine yet or is it the same as the other vhf machines?
The controller is the same as the s1 they added the extra degrees for collision. Micheal Web knows a lot more. I know it works on the S1.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
so VHF can be used with different CAM software now?
Yes sum3d and hyperdent. You cam in the 3rd party software. Then still using the vhf controller you activate the 'import icon for extra cam' and that places a folder icon in the controller that allows you to import the DEC file and it will import the Cam and cut it. You still need to use the vhf controller cause that has the tools and everything needed to run the mill.

The improvements come from the Cam strategy the 3rd party creates. Speed, feed rate etc.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Within the Cam software there and setting for each type of material like cavity (inside of the crown) drillings (the interface area of abutments) model fit and inlay/onlay. These setting can be increased positive and negative for looser and tighter fits.

This will vary depending on your setting for pmma in the design software like dies pacer on crown. Implants you will have to adjust the drilling slider under the pmma material.

Also you must turn on 'import options' to activate multiple insertion paths.

bradley ide

bradley ide

Reaction score
Hey can someone please give some advice for an air compressor to run this vhf k5.
Will this be way under what I would need? I was under the impression it just uses air when changing tools?
  • Voltage: 240/50HZ
  • Power: 0.58 KW HP
  • Air Delivery: 105(L/min) /3.7 (C.F.M)
  • Noise: 42 (dB)
  • speed: 1400(r/p/min) 1680(r/p/min)
  • Tank: 20L/5.3GAL
  • Max. pressure: 8(BAR)/115(PSI)
  • Cut n pressure: 6(BAR)/86(PSI)

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
3.7 cfm I'd plenty but a 20L tank is too small we run a stand up 60 gal Ingersoll rand home depot comp for the entire lab two mills 12 air hoses and pressure pot and suck down machine. Tanks output is 110psi with a online air dryer. Lines are run underground we have zero air pressure issues on the mills. Unless a line pops loose from the connection.

HP seems low go at lest 2hp you mills need to have a solid 7bar. What brand is this compreasor?

C

charles007

Reaction score
I have been using it for the last 2 years to run my sandblaster and air, I just added a good filter system in the air line.
I'm wondering if I could buy another just for the milling unit and that would be ok??

https://sydneytools.com.au/chicago-hush20-aluminium-silenced-20l-air-compressor

0.58 HP 3.7 CFM 6 Bar @ 86 psi Laugh

Minimum 2 HP or better yet 3HP for mill only and hope it doesn't run hot by having a small tank and minimum hp
If you buy a compressor that only meets the bare bones minimum requirements for the mill, the compressor may never
stop running.

bradley ide

bradley ide

Reaction score
Yeah fair enough, I just didn't know why it needs so much air if it only uses it to change the bur? Do some machines use air to hold the burs in place?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Yeah fair enough, I just didn't know why it needs so much air if it only uses it to change the bur? Do some machines use air to hold the burs in place?
If the air pressure is not sufficient enough the mill will pause unt I'll the pressure is safe again, if this happens 6 to 10 times a day you will be going home later and possibly changing the bur ti collide and break. Spend some $$ and sleep good every night. Just saying.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
70L since it has s x 1.1 HP and 100 less then the 100L. You guys have some weird stuff in AU. I'm always interested in different stuff like these. You just gonna run a single mill off this?

Your other option for upgrade down the road would be to get one of these tanks and have it inline after the compressor as a storage tank, this will add volume to your setup then you can run everything off of one compressor.

https://sydneytools.com.au/chicago-pneumatic-rec458x1200-220l-458mm-x-1200mm-air-compressor-tank

or

https://sydneytools.com.au/chicago-pneumatic-rec458x1800-330l-458mm-x-1800mm-air-compressor-tank

Some food for the future plans.

bradley ide

bradley ide

Reaction score
Great thank you for your input! much appreciated, Will have a think and a bit more of a look around at compressors.