vhf k5

M

mptz

Reaction score
I just bought the k5 it is the first milling machine I have owned I just wonder if I made the right decision. I am a one man lab and just want to mill wax for emax and zirconia and maybe the occasional implant. What do think I have had many sleepless nights over this. It is a big investment for me and took a lot of my savings. but I am hoping to spend more time with my family not 12 to 14 hours a day at the bench.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Its their newest machine and from the looks of it it is a beast.

I do not have this machine yet but I can say that their other machines have been great in my lab.

Congratulations now go and make some dust!

A

adl

Reaction score
I just bought the k5 it is the first milling machine I have owned I just wonder if I made the right decision. I am a one man lab and just want to mill wax for emax and zirconia and maybe the occasional implant. What do think I have had many sleepless nights over this. It is a big investment for me and took a lot of my savings. but I am hoping to spend more time with my family not 12 to 14 hours a day at the bench.
You just have to figure out workflow,great move. Hopefully you have good support from your Reseller just in case you need It .

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
You made a solid choice. I own the s1 and 4axis both are tanks. Cam software is super simple for what you are doing. What suction did you buy for it?

Keep in mind milling is the longest part of the process. Scan and design is fast. The earlier you cutting the better. Is it just you a another person helping you out? Also who did you buy the mill from?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

M

mptz

Reaction score
I bought the k5 in the Uk from Zahn and the suction I am going to use is the renfert silent thanks for all the replies my wife helps me out but always overloaded with work. I do implants dentures flexibles regular crown and bridge also a lot of implant crowns emax. Even the occasional chrome partial, I am also a CDT so sometimes treat patients referred by dentists.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Just get a system down. Have all the cases ready for the Am, enter them and scan. Get roughly 5-7 crowns designed and get the mill running. That will give you some time to design some more and get other stuff done.

I used to cut everything on high quality three star. But now I cut on two star. To cut even faster look into hyperdent or sum3d. If you cut frame bridges or coping use the crown/bridge full crowns and bridges use the anitomical setting. You can mill coping and full crown with two different setting in one disk no problems. You will see that it is extremely easy to use.

bradley ide

bradley ide

Reaction score
About to buy this also and am hearing all good things about it!

bradley ide

bradley ide

Reaction score
Great ! let me know how it goes!
What scanner and software you using?

M

mptz

Reaction score
I have the ineos x5 and software sw 15 because they traded in one I got from ebay for £100 and gave the package for £8000.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I have the ineos x5 and software sw 15 because they traded in one I got from ebay for £100 and gave the package for £8000.
Well at least your mill isn't going anywhere anytime soon. You will change your scanner before the mill.

Last edited:
B

bigbrush

Reaction score
I use a K5 since 7 weeks, perfekt results. Splitfiles of abutment and coping with perfevct fittings. It`s my second one, other is K4 also a beast.

Bumfrey

Bumfrey

Reaction score
I use a K5 since 7 weeks, perfekt results. Splitfiles of abutment and coping with perfevct fittings. It`s my second one, other is K4 also a beast.

How long to mill a single Cocr coping please Mr?

G

GeneNY

Reaction score
Hey guys i m abit confused about the price of the K5... Think i ve seen prices here on the forum 25k and 40k ... which is it? Am in the market for another dry mill and i think it ll be between k5 or an other roland (depending on the price)

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
How long to mill a single Cocr coping please Mr?
Bumfrey, if you mill a Crco disk wet on a k5 it will take around 40min. If you mill it dry out of the sintron material it might 10-15min. The fastest for mills to cut Crco disk are roughly 30min and that's is pretty good. Don't get this mill to cut a crco hard disk at all.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Hey guys i m abit confused about the price of the K5... Think i ve seen prices here on the forum 25k and 40k ... which is it? Am in the market for another dry mill and i think it ll be between k5 or an other roland (depending on the price)
Talladium 25k with pc and vhf cam NO suction, for 1500 more from talladium you can get a quatro I vac. Everyone else like jenson sells them for more cause of the Cam software that costs more.

The new roland mill only NO suction and no cam is 25k. Add 7k for Sum3d, and another 2500 for the bofa. But CAP has a package deal when you are ready to make the purchase they bundle everything together a bit cheaper.

DanM

DanM

Reaction score
Does anyone have the K5 up and running? How is it? How is the CAM software that comes with it? Does it mill PMMA that actually fits? I was considering this mill along with the Roland 51D, I'm not in love with Sum3D. Seems less friendly that the Wieland CAM.

K

KIM

Reaction score
Does anyone have the K5 up and running? How is it? How is the CAM software that comes with it? Does it mill PMMA that actually fits? I was considering this mill along with the Roland 51D, I'm not in love with Sum3D. Seems less friendly that the Wieland CAM.
We literally just installed one yesterday and it's AWESOME! Jensen doesn't use stock VHF CAM but offers a version of higher end Hyperdent CAM that we control. This is the client's 2nd mill (Owns the K4 4 axis already) and he was VERY impressed with it so far.

B

bigbrush

Reaction score
I use it for about 6 weeks and evrything fits perfect using their cam.
Want to try DScam also but I think its not necessary.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
so VHF can be used with different CAM software now?