VHF K5, please Help

Adolfo

Adolfo

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am having problems with the vacuum cleaner of my VHF K5, it has told me that if I am in administrator mode I can work without vacuum.
Could someone send me the password to make me an administrator of the CAM?
Thanks

D

DIMADEL

Reaction score
Hi, what version of the cam do you have

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
Not a good idea to run with out vacuum. It's not the CAM, but the CNC software for me that controls the MILL. If you shut off the mill and leave the door closed when restarting, it should reset itself after a couple mins.

M

Manikandan

Reaction score
We have an R5 had the same issue. We closed the door turned the mill and vacuum off and shut down the PC waited for five minutes and turned the mill first followed by the vacuum and the problem was sorted.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Just turn the dust collector on manually. You should be able to turn it on or off without service mode. Probably a door or vacuum sensor. I just had my s2 apart yesterday to fix the puck changer sensor. The wire for the main optical sensor was pinched almost in half from a factory zip tie mount.. You never know whats going on under the hood.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Just turn the dust collector on manually. You should be able to turn it on or off without service mode. Probably a door or vacuum sensor. I just had my s2 apart yesterday to fix the puck changer sensor. The wire for the main optical sensor was pinched almost in half from a factory zip tie mount.. You never know whats going on under the hood.
Which is what I'm doing with my VHF K4 (Mini Mill) turning the dust collector on manually, a Quatro iVac. I disconnected the cord that seems to have gotten tired and given out.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Im using a vaniman vsix, 4 station for mine currently, but vaniman makes a vhf connector so you can use your vaniman. Not sure which suction came with the s2, because mine didnt have one, but I have an extra Imes eco vac that I will be hooking up to it.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Which is what I'm doing with my VHF K4 (Mini Mill) turning the dust collector on manually, a Quatro iVac. I disconnected the cord that seems to have gotten tired and given out.
I was told to Never let the Cam cord touch the vacuum hose, can build up a significant static charge and mess with you

Adolfo

Adolfo

Reaction score
The only thing I want is to lower the vacuum level requested by the machine because I use a vacuum cleaner for two machines. I know it can be done while in administrator mode.
I would never work without suction, but when I put the two machines on, the suction level drops and the K5 stops.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I was told to Never let the Cam cord touch the vacuum hose, can build up a significant static charge and mess with you
Thanks, Paul at Ivoclar thought it to be a "common thing" and sent me a new cord. It worked for a while then not so much. He said I could call back and he may have another idea, but I only use that mill 2-3 times a week for wax. I will take a look at what you're saying, though, just to make sure :)

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
Cam cord, never heard of it. If you are referring to the cord which connects and runs the mill, it is CNC that is controlling it. Hence CNC cord or fire wire or USB cord etc. Just to clarify. I grounded the suction hose with a copper wire from suction unti to the mill through the hose to eliminate the chances of static build up. My 2 cents.
Yes in ADMIN mode you can lower the needed vacuum number, but you have to call your reseller. Most times the password is ADMIN or the name of the Mill or password, I don't know for sure that's what the reseller is for.