VHF CAM 4-K4 vs Roland DWX4

gdallc

gdallc

Reaction score
What think ye? I can purchase a new unused VHF CAM 4-K4 branded by 3M for $18,000. Does anyone know what they cost normally? Should I jump on it?

Sam-CAP

Sam-CAP

Reaction score
Is it closed/uses only 3M blocks?

gdallc

gdallc

Reaction score
Is it closed/uses only 3M blocks?
That I am working on finding that out. If it is open what do you think? I have not priced anything to compare other than the DWX4. Both are entry machines but I assume the VHF is a much better mill.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
If it's closed jump on it, until it's broken into little shards.

Sam-CAP

Sam-CAP

Reaction score
Both are great mills. If the VHF is 18k closed, forget it...

N

Nan Simpson

Reaction score
i was at a lab with a vhf mill and it did a great job. we only milled blocks but we didn't need anything else and it was great. where you buying it? you better make sure its a repitable company and comes with a good warranty and tech support. we would have been dead in the water without help from jensen.

Sydceramist

Sydceramist

Reaction score
VHF with puck beats the 4 easy, but! you need to spend some $$$ on a good air compressor or forget it! The 4 uses air but very minimal as the chuck is electric, you can even turn the air off if you choose. I had a VHF 4 axis on loan and have bought the DWX4 I prefer the 4 over the VHF I havent had any errors the vhf loses calibration, chips, jobs knocked out etc...

gdallc

gdallc

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I was just checking to see if it was a great deal. Turns out it is not open, GOODBYE. I will probably end up with a roland when I make the plunge.

Top Bottom