(Help) Nesting a screw retained bridge with gingiva in VHF DentalCAM 7 and S5

T

Tobij

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a problem with a screw retained bridge. The surface on the finished bridge have tool tracks on the cavity side.
Result1.jpg
Result.jpg

I'm using a new (for me) machine and program, VHF DentalCAM v 7.08.00.P15 and VHF S5.

When I'm nesting the bridge I choose Standard machining quality, detect drillings, detect cavity and screw retained bridge.
Nesting.png

The program detects the drillings but not any cavities.
Screwretainedbridge.png

I tried to mill the construction and got the result you see in the images above.

I tried to manually place cavities and got this strange result.
screwretainedcavity4.png
Screwretainedcavity3.png
screwretainedcavity5.png

I haven't tried to mill this one out because I want to be certain the end result will come out good.

I have speculated with a colleague about what we can do and perhaps it's some of the options I'm choosing when nesting that's wrong, like Screw retained bridge.
Or the problem is that the program doesn't detect any cavities.

Anyways, does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I ofcourse need the surface to not get those tracks.

Thankful for any tips! :)

O

Ovidiu84

Reaction score
Try fully anatomical with manual setting fot the holes and try to set the drilling holes only on the smolest circle ( top and bottom ).
To get most detalis form the cavity add more of them, and set to 3 stars before importing project .

Hope this will help you

Top Bottom