Type of Induction Caster?

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just got a 3d systems projet 3000, and I printed a couple partial frames and they came out great. Well we would like to start doing them in house and casting them in house but we are still using a broken arm caster. I know I'll need a induction caster but what would you recommend for casting the partial frameworks and aslo something that we would also be able to cast our crown and bridges?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Nothing is wrong with broken arm casting machines. Some of the best frames I have ever seen have been produced with a torch and this type of centrifuge machine.

If you have your heart set on induction any mod 3 or mod 4 you can find will work out great.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Tyler, could you email me one of those frame STL files?:)

PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
I have the new Bego Nautilus. Great castings, bench top, and super easy to use. The big advantage I see with induction is the simplicity. I have low level people doing the casting, saves $$$ in labor.

T

TECHARTISAN

Reaction score
make sure you buy two....
and be sure to make friends with someone with radio transmitter or welder service experience..similar circuitry

Personally, I would sooner....and did...buy an older used induction caster made by an older respected company.

The chinese induction casters are really hit and miss in quality control. My friend had to have his H bridge replaced 2 months after receiving his...a year later he blew out two of the IGBTs. Fortunately, He grew up in a HAM radio house and did alot of hobby electronics as a teen....because service and warranty are even more questionable then the build quality with those machines...youre lucky if the people you buy it from are able to supply parts. Often times the listings on chinese trade sites are written to sound as though you are buying direct from the manufacturer...but more often you are dealing with resellers...thats why there are so many different companies on those sites offering identical units.

Not trying to discourage....just some friendly advice.

C

Cecilia Aixin

Reaction score
make sure you buy two....
and be sure to make friends with someone with radio transmitter or welder service experience..similar circuitry

Personally, I would sooner....and did...buy an older used induction caster made by an older respected company.

The chinese induction casters are really hit and miss in quality control. My friend had to have his H bridge replaced 2 months after receiving his...a year later he blew out two of the IGBTs. Fortunately, He grew up in a HAM radio house and did alot of hobby electronics as a teen....because service and warranty are even more questionable then the build quality with those machines...youre lucky if the people you buy it from are able to supply parts. Often times the listings on chinese trade sites are written to sound as though you are buying direct from the manufacturer...but more often you are dealing with resellers...thats why there are so many different companies on those sites offering identical units.

Not trying to discourage....just some friendly advice.

TECHARTISAN you are experienced! Then shall I tell that...I... am with this company...and I know they manufacture it right underneath my office... actually we have an agent in NY, but I don't know its name, perhaps Parkway1 can try to find out~

T

TECHARTISAN

Reaction score
Well Cecilia.
Given youve said you work for this company....I should start this with a clarifying statement. I know nothing of this particular induction caster nor manufacturer. I dont know if this is the same design/model my friend had issue with.....but I stand by my comments regarding the risks and concerns with buying equipment.

Im as big a fan of a deal as the next guy. I often take a chance myself and have had positive and negative experiences buying various goods from chinese and indian tradesites. But when it comes to professional equipment the reliability and serviceability factors are critical. In the industry today, the economy being what it is, no one can afford to lose cases or clients to extended equipment downtimes.

W

wilkscm

Reaction score
this is there products i can speak from experience
dust extraction unit motor burned out the dust bag the bottom dropped off every time i used it
sandblaster the nozzles were made of mild steel so wore out quickly the pipe carrying the sand were poor grade and a hole was made in month twice before i gave up
duplication machine the inner padel was such poor quality and design couldnt chop the gel properly also you could not alter the temp so pouring gel at 45c was unrealistic
amoung other problems qeneral quality is very poor

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Super Cascom works great, you can pick one up on ebay for about $5000. Used one for several years

Shaun Keating

Shaun Keating

Reaction score
We have a Bego Nautilus that works great...but it's pricey for sure. We also have a few Neo Super Cascoms that for the money are unbelievable. And the ol workhorse Modular 4 from CMP Industries still casts us about 500 units a week of Non Precious with no problems at all:)

W

wilkscm

Reaction score
i have reitel induret compact small ,great castings pressure vacuum also induction covers all alloys inc np

C

Cecilia Aixin

Reaction score
Well Cecilia.
Given youve said you work for this company....I should start this with a clarifying statement. I know nothing of this particular induction caster nor manufacturer. I dont know if this is the same design/model my friend had issue with.....but I stand by my comments regarding the risks and concerns with buying equipment.

Im as big a fan of a deal as the next guy. I often take a chance myself and have had positive and negative experiences buying various goods from chinese and indian tradesites. But when it comes to professional equipment the reliability and serviceability factors are critical. In the industry today, the economy being what it is, no one can afford to lose cases or clients to extended equipment downtimes.

I understand you mean no harm, and I agree with what you have said.

I joined my company not long ago and I visit this forum to learn the work of a dental technician more than to advertise our products. But for learning the work of a dental technician I can just view what you guys wrote; I am too inexperienced and unprofessional to give any comment. Can't deny that Chinese products need improving, and dental lab equipment industry is with only a short history in China. I just hope we will catch up with the US and EU famous brands... in the near future.

C

Cecilia Aixin

Reaction score
this is there products i can speak from experience
dust extraction unit motor burned out the dust bag the bottom dropped off every time i used it
sandblaster the nozzles were made of mild steel so wore out quickly the pipe carrying the sand were poor grade and a hole was made in month twice before i gave up
duplication machine the inner padel was such poor quality and design couldnt chop the gel properly also you could not alter the temp so pouring gel at 45c was unrealistic
amoung other problems qeneral quality is very poor

sorry to hear that but would you please tell me who you bought from? If you are identifying these just according to the pictures on the Alibaba link I provided, it might not be the product of our company. Some Chinese companies make their products look exactly as ours. If it is our products, have you tried to contact the seller? We offer one year warranty you know.