3D Resin for Cast Partial

C

CovakorDTS

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I would like to ask for some advice regarding the types of resins that works well for 3D printing wax up of partial frameworks, investing, burnout, and then casted using induction.

I am looking at the following castable resins:

Company - Resin
Liqcreate - Dental Wax Castable
Phrozen - Dental Green
Asiga - Dentacast
Bluecast - Blue Dental Cast
Power Resin - Burn Dental Casting

What are your thoughts, based on the 4 questions below, on any of these resins that you're using in your lab?

1. Ease of use regarding the resin (temp, print time, post processing of 3D printed wax up)
2. Expansion/burn out (failure rate, long/short burnout time)
3. Distortion of casted framework
4. Unexpected issues encountered

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
Optiprint Zero should be on the list

GG - J

GG - J

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I would like to ask for some advice regarding the types of resins that works well for 3D printing wax up of partial frameworks, investing, burnout, and then casted using induction.

Company - Resin
Phrozen - Dental Green
Asiga - Dentacast

What are your thoughts, based on the 4 questions below, on any of these resins that you're using in your lab?

1. Ease of use regarding the resin (temp, print time, post processing of 3D printed wax up)

mrsohamadike

mrsohamadike

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Company - Resin
Phrozen - Dental Green
Asiga - Dentacast

I used ''Power Resin-Burn... also temp and model'' when I had no other option. I didn't experience any of the complications that bothered you. I completed my work on DentaFab printer without any problems.

C

CovakorDTS

Reaction score
I used ''Power Resin-Burn... also temp and model'' when I had no other option. I didn't experience any of the complications that bothered you. I completed my work on DentaFab printer without any problems.
Thank you very much for the info. May I ask what type of investment you're using? The thermal expansion of the investment plays an important role in the final fit of the casted framework on the model.

The 3D printed wax up may fit just fine on the model, prior to investing and burn out, but after burnout and casting is a different issues altogether.

T

Thibaut

Reaction score
I often use liqcreate to press my inlays. I've tried 2 times to put 4 in a 100gr cylindre. Boom ! I think it's just that the oven is very big and you can only cast at 850 ° with GC lisi vest, so, that might have been the problem. Just shake well your bottle for a minute and follow their instructions on their site.

Top Bottom