Ti Bases

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
Currently my Dr's will only use genuine parts. Only Zimmer, 3I, etc. for their custom abutments on screw retained crowns. However there are plenty of times when the platform is just to high. Does Zimmer, 3I offer TI bases ? Also if I start using these Ti bases will I need Implant and Bar module ? I currently just get Cad Points. Thanks

CreDes

CreDes

Reaction score
Strauman is the only one that offers them and they work digitally only through Sirona.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Most oem parts are available, straumann bone level and tissue level at 3.5mm and 5.5mm heights. Biohirizon offers them at only one height. Nobel has them as well but due to fda nobel and straumann are locked out of 3shape unless you can bypass it. I have straumann vario base, nobel universal, glidewell, and almost every company out there.

Glidewell has a 3mm, 4.5mm and 6mm height ti bases, engaging and non engaging only in the 3 and 4.5mm height. Tru Abutment has a 3.5 and 5.5mm heights both non and engaging as well. Most companies only offer a single height like NT trading. This is why I have multiple kits for the height issues.

And no you will not need the bar module. Just abutment design to do single screw retained crowns, if you do custom abutments already your set. You only need the bar and implant bridge module when you want to do a screw retained bridges. But just call you retailer and have them enable the module then you can buy and use cad points to design the bridge. 9 points per Implant site, and you will not be able to save the design and finish it later. It is a start to finish deal unless you buy the module then save during design is enabled.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
OK. Thank you..Will I then need scan bodies for the TI bases ? Or do I just need a library of each companies TI base to create my crown. ? At this point my screw retained crowns have only been by designing my abutment , having it milled and then scan that for a crown and aligning the hole. So I'm not up to speed on how its done with just the TI bases.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Will I then need scan bodies for the TI bases ? Or do I just need a library of each companies TI base to create my crown. ?

I'm not sure how restrictive did 3shape become, back in the days you could cook up custom libs in no time.You'd need each company's library to get going, those are usually available for download for free. If you crafty, then you just need one set of scan bodies and modify those libs accordingly for Z height and rotation about Z...all you need is a cad app (like FreeCAD or Rhino),load those libs to see how they are set up and go from there.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
OK. Thank you..Will I then need scan bodies for the TI bases ? Or do I just need a library of each companies TI base to create my crown. ? At this point my screw retained crowns have only been by designing my abutment , having it milled and then scan that for a crown and aligning the hole. So I'm not up to speed on how its done with just the TI bases.
Two ways.

1. Buy the needed scan body per the needed company and order the ti base and use the library it automatically puts the right size hole needed.

2. Just buy the needed to bases and scan it in as a die and design a crown then manually place the hole.

Issues with way number 2 is dialing in you die spacer and fitting. If designed via the library much better results.

1 needs abutment design module

2. Does not.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
If using the scan body from say Glidewell will I then be required to have my crown milled by them or could I use someone else like Argen or Cap ? Like you mentioned NT only comes in one size and the milling center I use carry that. Just wondering if each companies scan body is proprietary to them as with scan bodies for custom abutments . Do some companies offer their bases with any anti rotational design or are you creating a flat spot ? again , Thanks

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
On ti abutments usually have to be milled be the library company. But zr hybrids can either be milled in house or you could send them out only if it exports a stl file with a hole in the design. Some libraries have the append hole option marked locking the hope, some have it unchecked opening the hole. If the hole is locked only the library company can mill it. Same for the ti base hole. It all depends on the library setup. If you look at the exported stl file and both the screw hole and ti base hole is open then you can send it out for milling. But eep in mind each milling center has their own setttings. So you may have to change the material in each library per implant platform size. I changed all the glidewell materials from prismatic to my own in hous4 material. This allows my to select my own material and manufacturing process.

It is very easy, you go into the control panel, select implants, then select the library then the implant platform and size. Select edit, a pop up window will show. Check next like 9 or 10 times until you get to materials. Simply unchecked the Mfg's material then select yours. Click next and finish. Then close and save control panel and done. Next time you select that implant you will see the material is yous with your mfg's process. Then you can mill in house. Do the same and select argen's material then you can send it to argen and have no issues cause you used their material.

Top Bottom