This seems a little weird........

ceram1

ceram1

Reaction score
This is a astra case being restored with 2-connect but I am a little concerned. These analogs are both from astra, but the fit is inconsistent from the 3.5-4.0 to the 4.5-5.0. Even if this is ok to be this way it would look odd in an x-ray to say the least. Can any one say with any certainty that the fit I am seeing here is a mfg defect? Or am I good to go???
DSC_0001.JPG

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Seems wrong. Nice catch. I'd send the photo to astra and see if they say go ahead. Bet not. Where's Jo Chen?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Lovely diagram! Are you sure you: 1. ordered the right sizes respectively 2. didnt put the wrong size in the analog? I would definitely want them to fit the same.. but dont work with astra so not 100% sure.

CRWNMKR

CRWNMKR

Reaction score
The 3.5/4.0 aqua with the gap seems more normal to me, but not sure. Couldn't have them mixed up because the screw threads are different sizes. ... I believe I have some 4.5/5.0 2-connects in the lab, I will let you know the fit as soon as I know

Last edited:
G

grantoz

Reaction score
It could be why they suggest putting the abutments in the mouth 1st then taking the impression as the morse tapper lets you seat them down further the more you torque the abutment screw.Or you could just have some crap in the fixture replica.

ceram1

ceram1

Reaction score
All of the suggestions have been checked. Even on different analogs. The scan body fits the analog fine. 2 connect doesn't have a impression coping for abutment level that I am aware of. I also made a long term provisional for this case using dessert components and it worked out fine. I figured I would use an fda approved system for the final. Hopefully someone from c a p will chime in on this.

ceram1

ceram1

Reaction score
All of the suggestions have been checked. Even on different analogs. The scan body fits the analog fine. 2 connect doesn't have a impression coping for abutment level that I am aware of. I also made a long term provisional for this case using dessert components and it worked out fine. I figured I would use an fda approved system for the final. Hopefully someone from c a p will chime in on this.
DESS not desert

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
I don't know if this is related, but I recently went with 2Connect to do a BioHorizon case with 5 3.5mm fixtures and 1 4.5mm. It seems all 2Connect abutments are now made with a uniform diameter of 5mm. In my case this ended up causing a "reverse" platform switch appearance. I talk to Bob Cohen from CAP and was told that using 2Connects with some of the smaller platforms has been an issue (especially if the implant interface is subgingival) - of course, I wish I had been told that before the parts were sold. PM John Wilson on this site - he was a good source of information for me as I tried to sort this out...

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
So what other aftermarket multi unit is available other than the 2connect? What does the inclusive line offer? Is this really all we are able to use in the US??? What a joke. My medentika scan bodies are collecting dust..

ceram1

ceram1

Reaction score
The other p.i.t.a. with the 2 connect system is we have no choices for angle correction or trans mucosal dimension to select from. I do like the prosthetic connection screw though, compared to the m.u.a. screw.

M

muzbow

Reaction score
This is a astra case being restored with 2-connect but I am a little concerned. These analogs are both from astra, but the fit is inconsistent from the 3.5-4.0 to the 4.5-5.0. Even if this is ok to be this way it would look odd in an x-ray to say the least. Can any one say with any certainty that the fit I am seeing here is a mfg defect? Or am I good to go???
View attachment 16567
It would appear that to use a 2-connect platform the bases would be the same size, and that might make the interface seem different to the eye.
If both are fully seated, the 3.5/4.0 looks as I would expect, the 4.5/5.0 appears more unusual with the base seating fully to the analog.
I would ask CAP.

Top Bottom