TCS partial Vs. Duraflex

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
I have to ask opinions on TCS vs. the Duraflex partial. Yet again, the another lab tech that just thinks TCS partials are so so so wonderful and I on the other hand have had to seat them in the patients mouth and absolutely hate them. HATE HATE HATE! Repairing them and adjusting them sucks and they always seem to need at least three or more adjustment appts. I've only had a couple patients that have came in with Duraflex and they are so easy to adjust and can be repaired. I guess I'm just looking for people to agree with me, LOL! :)
Most of the thermoplastic materials can be adjusted with a very low speed hand piece and a rubber point . I use Duraflex myself and I have repaired some lately. But both are tissue born appliances and should be seated and treated the same way. For easy initial insertion soak it in warm to hot water for 10 to 15sec .

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
I repair and add to flexibles all the time. Remember TCS is a company. And they sell three thermoplastic products. Duraflex is a product of a different company, that also sells different thermoplastic products.
Most labs when they refer to TCS, they are referring to TCS Unbreakable. Duraflex is in the same product category as TCS iFlex.
So comparing Tcs Unbreakable to Duraflex is like comparing oranges to mangos.