Something adhering to duraflex cases

Alan JDL

Alan JDL

Reaction score
So I remember when I took the class on making duraflex partials and one of the main selling points was that nothing adheres to the material. But we have found that a lot of cases that come back for repairs or adding teeth look like they have been in the mouth for ages with stuff stuck all over them. Has anyone else noticed this? Our regular partials and dentures look brand new compared to these things. For example, this case was made in April this year.

IMG_2200.JPG

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
So I remember when I took the class on making duraflex partials and one of the main selling points was that nothing adheres to the material. But we have found that a lot of cases that come back for repairs or adding teeth look like they have been in the mouth for ages with stuff stuck all over them. Has anyone else noticed this? Our regular partials and dentures look brand new compared to these things. For example, this case was made in April this year.

View attachment 24024
Yep, that's disgustingly normal for them.
The regular use of the special wipes will reduce and inhibit stuff growth, but it still grows stuff when left in the mouth and/or not cleaned regularly.
One thing for them is the stuff doesn't seem to grow as thick on the flex material.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Duraflex, the patient is using a hard scrub brush. Notice the scratch marks where junk is sticking & staining. You can harden the surface and smooth (not Myerson approved) with a KADA 850 hot air wand, set about 450. Also useful fo tightening clasps. Look on Amazon, image.jpeg

Alan JDL

Alan JDL

Reaction score
I use the same blazer hot air wand on every case. We also got the duraflex cleaner not too long ago. That picture was taken after being in the cleaner running through the ultrasonic for 30 mins. Cleaner did nothing at all for what was stuck on it.

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
Cleaner is for the patient. Patient is abrading the partial with whatever they are cleaning it with. Cleaner is supposed to be a non abrasive way for patient to clean it. My husband had two Nesbits. Used the TCS cleaner daily and they looked brand new. It's the patient. Not the material.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
I use the same blazer hot air wand on every case. We also got the duraflex cleaner not too long ago. That picture was taken after being in the cleaner running through the ultrasonic for 30 mins. Cleaner did nothing at all for what was stuck on it.
Better to use smile brite from American dental supply to get stain & caculus out without material damage.

Top Bottom