Synca fibreforce vs cast mesh

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
I dont have any experience with this company but I do have some eFiber from Preat in the lab that I use quite often. From a quick glance it appears to be basically the same stuff.

The pros: Very strong, Very light, and blends in with acrylic very well.

The cons: Very Expensive.

TomZ

TomZ

Reaction score
I have 2 years experience with FiberForce and 10 years or more more with spun fiber reinforcement. I used DVA reinforcement fibers in the past but have switched to FiberForce for 2 distinct advantages, First, it has an impregnation of light cure which allows for shaping and freezing that position/shape prior to incorporating it into the processing/cure of denture. It also has a silane coupler impregnated into the material which enhances the bond to acrylic.
Worth mentioning is a special thin wax which has an ideal blockout space for incorporating stops on the mesh, and a cool vacuum chamber that allows for perfect adaptation to model using it.
With all fiber reinforcement, placement is important to get full benefit of material.
I have never gotten back anything I have reinforced with any fiber.*

(*in conjunction with eliminating factors which would have propagated fracture to begin with)

C

chrisb

Reaction score
With all fiber reinforcement, placement is important to get full benefit of material.

:D Good point, Tom.

Position, Bonding, and the correct Material (unidirectional >> multi-directional, impregnated e-glass >> kevlar, etc) are the three keys to reinforcement.

You want to select a material you can esthetically place in the area with the greatest amount of Tension. You don't want to "bury" the reinforcement. Translucence and the ability to grind/polish today's fibers allow this optimal placement for maximum flexural strength and fatigue resistance.