Strengthen long Zr bridges

Chiolo

Chiolo

Reaction score
When we strengthen the long Zr bridges (more than 5 unit),there are always some unexpected issues happen. Most would be distorted at somewhere or rocking on the work model. The bridge longer, the accident happens more frequent. We usually need to do 2~3 times to make a full arch bridge. Do you have any suggestion on this?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Just make the Third One, and not the First Two.

You're welcome. :p

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Ever try to re-bake a Zirconia bridge to "bend" it?

I have with maybe 40% success. We use Platinum hangers and gravity!

We leave big bridges attached to base of block and sinter standing up sideways.

Then cut out after...

Sam-CAP

Sam-CAP

Reaction score
With very large bridges like that we use a sintering support bar and also our sintering cycles are 10-11 hours. This solved a lot of the issues we were having. Very slow ramp up and cool.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I received a 6 unit bridge from Scott this week. It fit perfectly so whatever they are doing at *** works.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
Long Span bridges are always going to be an issue - regardless of material

- SLM, Zr, Metal etc etc

I've had great success with SLM bridges btw.

Anyway, my suggestion for zirconia is to make sure you sinter it with a support bar. Also - the beads you use - make sure there is enough below the bridge to keep them propped up

dont keep it too close to the edge of your trays, and make sure you do a slow ramp up for sintering.

Chiolo

Chiolo

Reaction score
Just make the Third One, and not the First Two.

You're welcome. :p

Thank you, Scott. It is not only a joke, we really can do analysis on the third try.
Why it successed at the third try and the other two times lost? That's what we are trying to find out

Top Bottom