Stone Verification Jig Didn't Break

B

Brian442

Reaction score
We've been using stone verification jigs on our full arch zirconia cases for a little white now, and we recently ran into an interesting problem.

The doctor tried in the stone jig, screwed it all down and everything went fine. Then, he did the 1 screw test and took xrays at each implant. He found that the jig should have broken. We have been using die stone for our jigs. Has anyone else run into this problem? What stone do you use for verification jigs?

DanM

DanM

Reaction score
Who else is making these? Are they really any better than pre-cutting the GC jig and luting back together intra-orally and picking up in an open tray impression?

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
I believe you are talking about 2 different things?
Dan is describing technique to make the impression intra-orally to go use in the lab,
whereas Brian is making something in the lab to verify the cast is as would be in the mouth/actual.
You would think it should be the same, which is precisely why the process is needed.
Just my 2 cents.
LCM

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
We've been using stone verification jigs on our full arch zirconia cases for a little white now, and we recently ran into an interesting problem.

The doctor tried in the stone jig, screwed it all down and everything went fine. Then, he did the 1 screw test and took xrays at each implant. He found that the jig should have broken. We have been using die stone for our jigs. Has anyone else run into this problem? What stone do you use for verification jigs?
Don't do zirconia, but it seems to me you'd be better off with a mounting stone with minimal expansion.
As for why it didn't snap, maybe surface area/volume plus hardness of die stone makes it too robust?

Top Bottom