Staub Cranial

J

JSTAUBTRAINER

Reaction score
Staub will be at the midwest spring technical meeting. We will be speaking on Saturday April the 18th from 2-4. When more details are avalible we will let you know!

McCall Dentures

McCall Dentures

Git Er' Done.
Reaction score
Bump.... :D

Jesus, you guys really hate me, huh? Sorry for trying to spread enthusiasm for removable dentures. I was hoping to join here to further my denture knowledge, but after a quick search I now see that some of you are completely out of line. This will likely be my first and only post on your special forum.

For what it's worth, I have changed the way I do wax ups, process acrylic, and I am trying out different teeth (thanks to some of you). I completely agree that I'm not as talented as everyone here, but I am improving and hope to make amazing dentures at some point. The fact that I am "clueless and graduated in 2008" was a special comment that really hit home. Motivation.

To the few of you who pretend to be friendly with me on dentaltown, please stop. If you have something hurtful to say, please email me and we can discuss it on the phone, like men. A few of you seem to think that because your wax ups are immaculate and you have been making dentures for 50 years, you reserve the right to criticize others behind closed doors. Perhaps some of you would get more business if you didn't hold your work above dentist's heads and downgrade young dentists for trying to get better while having enthusiasm.

My practice is thriving, not because I attempt to quickly turn a profit, but because I treat my edentulous patients with respect and take care of issues should they arise. My marketing is rock solid and the vast majority of our patients come to see me - not the previous owner who showed me most of what I have now changed - as some have alluded. I have never claimed to "have my finger on the pulse of removable" but merely enjoy sharing my experiences with other dentists who also enjoy dentures. Please forgive me for not being as good as some of you. I would also like to apologize for the "lab guru" comments and understand your concern.

I would suggest that you take a long hard look at your lab and the way you treat dentists. Your dentures may be amazing, but bashing dentists on the internet will inevitably come back to bite you in the ass. I may not have the best technical skills (yet),but as we open our second and third offices in the next year, I hope to spread out product with good intentions.

Can you say the same thing for yourself?

Take care,
Ryan

McCall Dentures

McCall Dentures

Git Er' Done.
Reaction score
If he does and delivers that kind of denture then have mercy on his soul.... Just think where he would be if delivered spot on top notch at that price????

Denturist said:
Did I read it right that he charges 6K for a set of those marvelous dentures?
Also I seem to remember he graduated in 08.....
GOD, sometimes this industry drives me to drink...........

----

I am close to delivering top notch dentures. When I do, hopefully God will spare mercy upon me.

Thanks again guys. Great stuff over here.
popcorn

TomZ

TomZ

Reaction score
Ryan-
I for one dont hate you. Actually I admire anyone that understands that charging is based on what the market will bear and results that possess an equitable exchange of value. Way too many undersell what they provide, some times its based on a geographic area they provide services in, sometimes its about confidence when they compare what they make with the real world and not the four walls they provide their services in.
Anyway, I always smile when I see your posts even when they tend to go a bit over the top.
From one guy to another who likes being over the top....charge on brother..

McCall Dentures

McCall Dentures

Git Er' Done.
Reaction score
Tomz - your tone has changed since page 13 of this thread. ;)

I now understand that I need to improve and make better dentures. Last year I did not. The analogy of a little kid holding up a shiny penny would be completely applicable to my situation 14 months ago. I wisely bought into a great situation, unfortunately that situation needed serious revamping.

Fear not, I plan to charge on harder than ever. Some day when I have a gulfstream, I'm going to make some of you (brian, kcdt, etc) beg for a ride.... Like Lebron, I will not forget those who took uncalled for shots at me.

TomZ

TomZ

Reaction score
Actually my tone is quite consistent when it comes to fees and what one charges.
Im not however a guy who buys into systems, especially when they proport to cure an ill I do not encounter.
As for ambitions for owning GulfStreams, mine fall far from there. Im just happy doing as I do, and getting what I consider a fair exchange of wage for my efforts, augmented with the occasional phone call from patients so overwelmed with joy they are crying.

PS I doubt Brian knows what a Gulfstream is... LOL

McCall Dentures

McCall Dentures

Git Er' Done.
Reaction score
Yah I was just kidding - I'll never own a jet!

While I may appear to be a mouthy know-it-all on dentaltown, many of the dentists that have come to Colorado to work with me would tell you that I am the most chill, laid back dude you'll ever meet. Maybe the internet brings out my aggressive side?

Regardless, I'm here to stay and I plan to use all of you as a resource to make better dentures. I'll keep quiet on some of the dentist-hatred, but reading some of these lab tech posts makes me want to drink! LOL.

hydent

hydent

Reaction score
I know I said some pretty harsh things about a boil out cabinet and I'm not sure if it was in your lab or not but I have to say it was kind of a crappy set up. I also said something to the effect of saving the world from bad dentistry and I was not referring to anyone in particular. I've actually always been impressed with your enthusiasm for removable pros. and your willingness to change. I have to say though if I posted anything that hit home I'm sorry. Am I totally out of consideration for the Gulfstream still?

TomZ

TomZ

Reaction score
Ryan-
You have to remember that we ALL have had to work with what the dental schools are producing in the area of removable prosthetic knowledge. Very few if any have any understanding let alone motivation to hold the hands of dental cripples when they have spent so many years honing their skills to prepare and restore teeth electively.
Prevent-Preserve-Restore applies to the edentulous too! Prevent further loss of function, Preserve bone and remaining dentition, Restore a persons self dignity...

If your drinking, make it Titos, 6 times filtered, dirty, with blue cheese stuffed olives....

McCall Dentures

McCall Dentures

Git Er' Done.
Reaction score
Titos is killer vodka. I don't drink much, though. I'll buy you a martinii in Vegas next year! Count on it.

I understand the criticism and will use it to better myself. I did one denture case in dental school, and there was never a mention of processing, types of teeth, lab procedures, etc... so young dentists honestly have no idea what you guys are doing on a daily basis. Sad, isn't it? I wasn't really upset, but you know, it's hard not to take things personally when you are very enthusiastic about something you care passionately for...

You guys are stuck with me, now, so get used to it. This forum may prove to be more beneficial than dentaltown for me, so if you have issues with my methods or pricing, please just email me. I would be glad to take care of any confusion over the phone as well! Lets bridge the knowledge gap between new dentists and laboratories!

Hydent - I will never own a G4. My goal is to live a comfortable life and have the sickest carbon fiber bicycle you've ever seen. While my acrylic work may not be world class, yet, my understanding of bicycles is beyond amazing.

Ryan

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
This forum may prove to be more beneficial than dentaltown for me
Ryan

Love it!!!!!!!! and Ryan, don't sweat the small sh*t, you should see what kind of crap we say to each other. For instance, TomZ, you're a prick, because I still can't get a denture to look like yours.... see, it's all good, it's tough love around these parts. To much lovey dovey, paddy caking around over at DT, this place will make a man out of you for sure. However, in the midst of the one-liners and laughs, everyone here is a great help and you better not be shy about contributing either and most of all, welcome to DLN!!!!!!

hydent

hydent

Reaction score
It's nice to dream isn't it Ryan? a bike is a far cry from a Gulfstream though. You are a lot thicker skinned than I am Ryan I give you props for that. I think your willingness to be here despite all of the negative comments is a testament of your drive to achieve a higher standard for your patients.

McCall Dentures

McCall Dentures

Git Er' Done.
Reaction score
I'm not here for my patients.... I'm here to prove all you ****ers wrong.... ;)

J/K

Thanks for the welcome Rob. How this Staub thread turned into McCall vs. The World is beyond me.

I really do have a unique idea (silicone) and the most amazing impression material none of you will ever use (patent pending),now I just have to get my acrylic up to speed.

You pricks have a nice night!

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Well I also say welcome, and kudos for being a good sport. If you talk to enough denture technicians you'll find we often give the truth in a back handed way, but we mean the best.
I for one have found that this type of truth and humor isn't welcome on DT (I've tried and my PMs light up with messages giving me the big boo hoo),so it gets reserved for here where we are amongst friends. I would be happy to see you counted in that circle.

McCall Dentures

McCall Dentures

Git Er' Done.
Reaction score
Thanks Ken. I have thick skin and you guys were right. I was making crappy dentures. I can take it, I'm not a biotch. If i can sell a pile of junk for $2500/arch, watch out when we start making amazing dentures!

First person to email me their resume gets a shot at partial ownership in a brand new removable lab where we will eventually do over 100 units a month. Fort Collins is consistently ranked in the top five "places to live," and my personal volume alone would keep you busy full-time. If you can bring your own equipment, even better.

My talent lies in getting others enthused about dentures and selling those dentures to patients. Who wants to help me change lives and make gorgeous dentures?!?

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
You know, I think you have that combination of enthusiasm and acumen that will take you far.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
You know, I think you have that combination of enthusiasm and acumen that will take you far.

I agree totally, and to take those sentiments even further, I'd like to speak to my experiences. I recently started my own lab, about the same time you came on the scene at DT Ryan. I knew right out the gate I had to make it full service, being in the sticks where the closest Dentist is 20 miles away I better be offering it all. I knew my fixed side of the house but removable is a whole new ball game. With that in mind, I reviewed all my technical books, journals, and got in good with a local Dentist so I could see my work going in and take pictures of everything. Then came the forums, posting some pictures, asking for help and getting with the greats like TomZ and RobertK at lectures. Heck, I think I picked TomZ's brain so much at Chicago he was ready to throw me to the wolves, but I learned so much that it really made me realize I don't know shlt about Dentures/Partials/hybrid cases. However, I can't be more happy to have this outlet where we can thrash each others work, pick it apart to death, but still be drinking buds at the end of the day. In the end, has it made me better.......Hell Yeah, this comment doesn't even give it the recognition it deserves, so thanks buds.

McCall Dentures

McCall Dentures

Git Er' Done.
Reaction score
Isn't that amazing?

I find this thread, call a few people out, and now everyone loves me! ;)

You guys are soft. Where are all the dudes yelling "man that kid is clueless... he has no idea...." now? Keep firing at me. I printed out Brian's comments and framed them. They are on the ceiling over my bed - every morning I wake up and it's the first thing I see. :)

Seriously though, I admire the skill level here and plan to get my lab to that level. I wasn't joking about bringing on a lab manager/business partner, either. I would be willing to start at $60K with partial ownership and room for insane growth. Fort Collins is paradise. If you're interested your denture skills better match your trash talking.

CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score
Isn't that amazing?

Not me...that would be too gay...not that there's anything wrong with that. :D

I wasn't joking about bringing on a lab manager/business partner, either. I would be willing to start at $60K with partial ownership and room for insane growth. Fort Collins is paradise. If you're interested your denture skills better match your trash talking.

You want me to take a major cut in pay just to prove my trash talking isn't trash. That's asking a lot. Insane growth is tempting though...I'm a big fan of insane...not that there's anything wrong with that.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Isn't that amazing?

You guys are soft. Where are all the dudes yelling "man that kid is clueless... he has no idea...." now? Keep firing at me. I printed out Brian's comments and framed them. They are on the ceiling over my bed - every morning I wake up and it's the first thing I see. :)

Seriously though, I admire the skill level here and plan to get my lab to that level. I wasn't joking about bringing on a lab manager/business partner, either. I would be willing to start at $60K with partial ownership and room for insane growth. Fort Collins is paradise. If you're interested your denture skills better match your trash talking.
We could try being more abrasive if that'd make you feel better. Rolling with the punches is appreciated here.